Field-trip

Pulling over his oversized mint-green hoodie, the boy calls out for Plagg. 

"Will you stop eating? It's time for school, we have to go!" Adrien shouts to the empty room, no kwami in sight. He pauses and looks around, exhaling in frustration. "If you're not coming, I'll have to confiscate your entire cheese collection!"

"Fine, fine! I'm coming," a small voice whines from beneath a pile of clothes. 

As the kwami flies into Adrien's bag he collects the rest of his school work and begins to leave his house. 

He shoves his hands into his pockets and passes through the school gates, staring down at his orange shoes that crunched against the dried-up leaves beneath him. Adrien's mind was all foggy from last night, his thoughts being occupied. Really, he wasn't sure if his encounter with Ladybug had really happened. As though he had woken up from a dream, he couldn't quite remember the details of everything that happened. Just blurs of emotion and colour. The pitch black of the night sky sprinkled with white stars, and the hues of purple and pink that blended with the blue galaxy. Blue. The colour of Ladybug's cloudy and dreamy blue eyes. The blue eyes that contrasted and complimented her rosy red costume. Suddenly, a wretched feeling sept its way through Adrien's thoughts once more.

Before he knew it, he had made it to the classroom, completely lost in thought. 

"Are you just going to keep standing there Adrien Agreste? Or do you feel like joining us?" He heard the teacher say, his head snapping up in response. 

"Ah, yes! Sorry." Adrien said briskly, his ears burning bright red. After placing his things on the desk and taking a seat, he noticed Marinette's beaming smile shining upon him. She whispered something to the boy to ease him from the embarrassment he endured. 

"It's okay, we all have those days," she silently said, making sure Miss Bustier wasn't looking. Adrien returned her smile and drew his attention back to the announcement the teacher was trying very hard to contain over the murmuring chatter of the class. 

"Now class, good news! The school has been able to confirm that over-seas field trip that we mentioned months ago! We will be leaving next week to Australia for our culture study. I recommend you pack your bags with the appropriate clothing and items that are listed on this following sheet I will soon hand out," Miss Bustier said giddily passing out the forms and papers. 

Somehow Adrien had completely forgotten about the trip with all that had been going on lately. After looking around the classroom at the surprised faces, he found he wasn't the only one. 

"I know it's very sudden, but we are only able to go at this time of year to experience the things we need to see there. It's a big trip, so make sure you confirm with your parents- though they have been informed." 

The blonde boy scratched his head looking down at the sheet of paper. 

Swim-suits? Are we going to the beach? Towels, sunscreen, summer clothing for hot weather?  Adrien thought about all the things he would need to buy before leaving. Summer clothing, he pondered miserably looking down at his covered wrist. With a sudden shake of his head, he removed all negative thoughts from his mind, pushing away any thoughts that would bring him back into a depressive state. He forced his usual smile onto his face, and gave his friend a poke. 

"Nino! Want to share a hotel room? It says we need a few people per room," Adrien said to which Nino agreed. 

"Hear that Marinette? We get to be roomies! C'mon we need to make a plan with the girls. Let's split into two groups," Alya said, her hands clasping Marinettes, who seemed to be taken back by her sudden uproar of excitement. Adrien glanced back down at the sheet, staring at nothing in particular. 

"What's up Adrien? You've gone all quiet again," Nino said leaning in towards the boy who was staring blankly down at the sheet of paper. "Oh, you've circled a few items already. Summer clothing? Uh, are you out of shirts or something dude?" Nino indicated pointing at his sheet. To that statement, Adrien tore his eyes off the paper rather quickly, once again distracting himself for his spiralling thoughts. 

"Yeah- I mean, no. I have some shirts, I just prefer wearing this warmer clothing." 

"It's Australia, man. You can't go around wearing long-sleeved shirts. You'll sweat to death. The weather is different all the way over there," Nino said turning back to talk to Alya and Marinette. 

As if the whole classroom disappeared and dissolved around him, Adrien found he was lonely in the room, the voices drifting further and further away from where he sat. He looked back down at his hands, his eyes slowly trailing up to his covered wrist. Clenching his fist into a tight ball, he felt he nails dig into his skin.

It's just a tattoo. Who cares if it's not her. It doesn't matter. Get over it. It's not her, it was never going to be her, he thought, bringing his trembling arm beneath the table where he couldn't see it. 

Get over yourself.  It's not her, it's not her, it's not her, it's not h-

"Adrien?" 

The boy looks up, his messy hair shrouding his face and masking his uneasy emotions. His leg bounced up and down, his arms wrapping around his waist beneath the desk. 

"Is everything okay, do you feel unwell?" Marinette said kindly, concerned for the boy. 

"Feeling a little sick. Going to the bathroom. Be right back," the boy mumbled briefly before staggering to stand, then leaving the room in a rush. 

There the boy sat alone in a stall, rocking backwards and forwards with his hands raised over his head. With the walls closing in on him from all angles, awaiting to suffocate him, all he could do was hope and pray his dark, dark thoughts would go away.  

A/N: Miraculous Art by SailorFlower on DeviantArt

(P.s-- thanks for '#4 in MiraculousLadybug,' thats crazy.