Bondi-Bug

We had been in Australia for three days now. Turns out, there was a mistake when booking rooms, hence why both Adrien and Nino were on the same floor as us girls. It was too late for the teachers to change it, but we had adapted to the situation humorously anyway. Since arriving, we had completed just about all the school-related events we had to attend to for our culture study, now all we had to do was enjoy our final two days. And today was the day the class had finally been waiting for, the beach day. 

"Alya, come on- wake up. We're going to the famous Bondi beach today! The teachers let us sleep in , if we take too long they'll leave without us," I lectured, packing a small, pink bag for the day. Let's see, phone, glasses, sun cream, water bottle, towel- what else. Oh! My swimsuit. I open my larger luggage bag, revealing the last minute swimsuit I bought at the store back in Paris with my friends. It was embarrassing to wear, but I was practically peer pressured into buying it. I wouldn't want to see the look an Adrien's face with this on. My thoughts are cut off my a groaning Alya. I quickly throw clothes over the top of my swimsuit and pull the sheet of my friend.

"Did you eat too many of the hotels mini chocolates again?" I sighed, preparing her bag for her. She simply let out another groan. I check under her pillow to find nothing. There were no wrappers in the bin either. Finally, checking her draw I find dozens of chocolate wrappers.

"Alya! Are you serious, where did you even get all of these! Wait, was that sound I heard that woke me up at 4am? You unwrapping these?" I stomped my foot and began collecting the wrapping to dispose of it. 

"They just tasted so good. I couldn't stop!" I heard Alya say into her pillow. Eventually I got her to sluggishly roll out of bed and put her swimsuit on. As we headed out of our room, we bumped into Nino and Adrien, who were also running behind schedule as we were. 

"Mornin' dudettes. We better hurry if we wanna make it in time," Nino said with half an inflated pool float hanging on his shoulder.  "Also, Adrien- isn't it a little hot for that?" Nino pointed at Adrien's long sleeved swim shirt.

"It's fine, I just don't want to get burnt. Now, less talking or we aren't going to make."

The water was crystal clear, a type of blue my eyes had never seen before. My first step on the sand was soft- very hot- but soft. There were hundreds of seagulls, some being fed fries from people, and it looked like the beach went on forever. Tourists were laying across towels, their skin red and shiny from both the sun and the oily sun cream. Children waded in the shallow waters, splashing each other under the ever-beaming sun, while surfers conquered monstrous waves further beyond in the deeper, dark blue. 

We all set out our items in a vacant space. The class set out their individual towels and we even hired a few umbrellas to keep our skin protected. I put on some black tinted, circular glasses to ease my eyes. It was far too bright, brighter then I knew it could ever be. I suppose that made it a perfect beach day. As everyone had their swimmers underneath, the class began removing their clothes. You could see the excitement and desire to jump into the beautiful ocean. 

"Just a second, students! Please allow me to mark your names off the role first before going on ahead today," Ms Bustier said. The class gathered around, giddy with excitement. And the moment the last persons name was called, there was a sprint towards the water. Clothes were flung randomly all over the place, some most likely to be lost under the sand for all eternity. 

"Oh shoot- Alya come on, quick! We're missing out," I said removing my shirt and shorts, Alya still looking rather sluggish.