A starry night

I play with my yo-yo while waiting in anticipation for Chat to arrive. When he arrives, we decided to cover our usual patrol and split up in search for danger or criminal activity. With a small wink, he leaps off the building and starts running up the buildings across from me. I feel my cheeks burn a little as I start running ahead also, my feet silently tapping on the roof of the structures I ran across. 

He really needs to stop doing that, I roll my eyes to myself. Who knew Adrien was so flirty. I smile a little at the thought of him and all the ridiculous things he has said to me as ladybug, then my smile falters. Since he got his tattoo, he hasn't been acting as his usual cunning, confident self. 

Gah, why does it matter! Anyway, if his father knew he was Chat Noir he'd be dead. How is he able to keep up with school? Does he ever feel exhausted from all this hero work? It makes sense he arrives late often, just like me, a thousand thoughts raced through my tired mind. I look directly to the left of me in the distance watching as Chat leaped across the roofs, mirroring my movements. His dark, cat-like silhouette contrasted with the bright, pale moon behind him. All his injuries don't affect him when he's transformed. Only in civilian form he is hurt. I find myself staring for a little too long, in the awe of both his agility and is gracefulness. I close my gaping mouth and focus back down at my feet that jumped between and over the gaps between buildings. 

We decided to regroup at Canal Saint-Marin, and sat on the small bridge that hovered above the narrow canal of water. 

"See anything?" He asked, placing his baton away. I didn't register what he said for a moment due to the sleep deprivation eating away at my brain. 

"Oh, no. Nothing at all. Paris is safe for tonight," I said with a delay. Chat tilted his head and leaned in close, his squinting eyes only a few centimeters from my own. "And what do you think you're doing, kitty?" He backed up, and raised his hands raised as if to say he meant no harm.

"Ladybug, are you alright? You seem out of it tonight. Very dull, indeed," he snickered a little, but I know him well enough to tell he was serious. 

"Don't worry about it, I'm just a little tense. Missed a few extra hours of sleep, you know?" I look back at him. He closes his eyes and nods in awareness. I can't let him find out I was the one who healed him last night. Not long after, he takes my hand, to which I decide not to decline, and he leads me to the edge of the bridge. As he points to the body of water below us, my eyes widen. It looks as though the entire galaxy had been liquefied and compressed into the small lake. I look back up towards the dark sky, then to the water again, admiring the clean and clear reflection. It was simply beautiful. The blend of the purples and blues, flecked with shiny white stars. I let out a sigh of relief, wishing the tension and exhaustion away. I then look towards Chat Noir, who's staring back at me. 

"It's pretty, right?" he says eagerly waiting my response. Looking back down at the water again, I nod.

"It's amazing, Chat Noir." I say in relief as I feel him let go of my hand, which I forgot he took hold of. 

"I come here when I feel stressed, or tired. Even angry. The moment I feel the presence of the water and quietness of the night, everything else goes away." I stood there looking into his sorrowful eyes. Oh, Adrien. If only I knew before, then I could've helped you carry your hurt and anger with you. If only I could've been there to support you earlier whenever you cried out for help. At this moment in time, it felt like it was only the two of us in Paris. In the world. In the whole universe. Side by side. 

"So? Feeling a little more stress free?" He said cheerfully in support. I rest my head on his shoulder beside me. It feels so normal to be talking with Chat Noir, also knowing that he is Adrien. Even though I now feel completely close and comfortable with him as Adrien, the Marinette that Adrien knows wouldn't suddenly act this way around him. I can only do this as Ladybug. He really is an amazing friend. 

"All tension has vanished," I laugh a little and thank him for helping me. 

"I'm glad. You have yourself a good night, Ladybug." The boy says with a elegant bow, his messy blonde hair covering his face. 

And in one swift movement, he leaps away and dissolves into the darkness of the night, leaving me alone in my own little universe.  

Sorry  for the rly short chapter! Hope you enjoyed it, (please let me know- it inspires me.)  This was just a short, comfort/filler chapter. Once again, ty 4 reading. Don't forget to vote. if u want. <3 (≖ᴗ≖✿) 

(Thanks for 8K reads aND hOLY CRAP #1 IN MARICHAT tYSM!) 

~A