Chapter 7; Friends

TW// In this chapter readers might be triggered by guns, blood, death, mentions of self harm

I feel my cheeks heat up, and I try to cover by pulling my hoodie sleeve over my face and pulling the goggles over my eyes.

This earns laughter from all three of the boys.

"Stan or Fan?" Sapnap chokes out through laughter.

"Oh clearly a stan Nick! When I met her she was wearing my merch, now she's wearing yours, and George's clout goggles," Clay states. This only makes me blush more. 

A lot of teasing and blushing later the FaceTime ended. We had all added each other in discord, just in case they asked me to be in their streams, and I agreed. 

I walk over to my small laptop. Come to think of it, Gabbie left her 2 moniters and PC's here...

I jog downstairs, searching for Chloe. I found her in the kitchen. 

"Chloe! Can I have Gabbie's old Moniters and PC's?" I ask.

"Yeah, go ahead. I have all my stuff at my office so I don't need it," 

I nod, and start moving everything into my room. I set everything up easily, and power on the laptops.

I wipe all information Gabbie had on there, replacing the wallpaper to photo of Polly. I installed Minecraft and Discord along with a few other things.

I get a twitch notif telling me George went live. I boot up discord to see if he's in a voice channel, which he is. I see Clay and Nick there as well. Along with Tommy. I join.

"TOMMY STOP!" I hear the scream through my headphones. Yep thats George.

"Tommy get away from him," Dream says.

"Yeah Tommy, you little stupid bitch," I say with a snark.

"W-WOMAN?" He shouts. I laugh.

"Yeah, what about it?" I question.

-Time Skip; One Month-

A month later and i'm pacing around my room, on the edge of a breakdown.

I'm in love! I promised myself this wouldn't happen. But it did. And I hate myself for it.

Why!? Why him, why not someone else? 

Why the fuck did I choose Clay to love?

I didn't choose this! I didn't want this! Last time I fell for my best friend, he said horrible things to me.

Nononono Clay wouldn't do that. Would he?! 

I fall onto my bed, letting the tears stream silently down my face. 

My phone alarm starts blaring, and I remember I had a meetup with a group of 5 or so kids from campus. 

I clean myself up before putting on a pair of light blue jeans, and a maroon T-shirt, tucking it into my jeans. 

My scars were beginning to fade, and I smile knowing that I can barley see them. I tell Chloe I'm going out.

Oliver and Jacob pick me up and we drive to the corner street cafe. I could see the group of them. Kyleigh, Charlie, Lucy, Alex, and Dave. I smile at the group. We walk inside, and order our food. 

It was a study session as well. We begin going over the assignment from Professor Bret's class.

After maybe an hour, and a few bagels later we heard glass shatter. We all look to the side and see the window of the cafe had been broken by a bullet.

Without thinking, we all ran outside. The sight was not pretty. 

There was a car slowly traveling down the street. Gabbie hung out the back window, with a gun in hands.

As we made eye contact, she shouted it.

"PEW PEW BITCH!" She turned and started firing at the small group I was in. 

I cover my head and duck, but not quick enough.

I feel a searing pain rip through my arms, Then blood spilling down my arms. I shout out in pain. I hear Oliver and Jacob shout too. I clutch my arm, and look to them. Jacob was holding his leg, Oliver was holding his arm, like me. 

The group I had been in started running away from the cafe. Gabbie managed to shoot Dave in the chest. He fell to the ground. 

I heard ambulance siren. I begin to feel lightheaded from the loss of blood. 

My vision begins to blur. 

I hear a shout of my name from a familiar voice, but I was too lightheaded to pay attention.

A face gets close to me, and I can focus on it, but can't put a name to it.

Dirty blonde hair, green eyes, freckles....

Clay! 

I try to say something, but as I try, I loose focus, and black out, hearing shouts of my name.