Chapter 17; Star Gazing

After the movie was over, I was just cuddling with Clay on the couch. My head was resting on his shoulder while he sat there.

Eventually he pulled me into a hug. We sat on the couch, letting the next movie play. I hadn't seen it before, but I was more intrested in the smell of Clay's hoodie. 

I let the scent of vanilla and lavender fill my nose with each inhale I took. I felt one of his hands reach up and begin stroking my hair gently.

I smile into his chest, closing my eyes and savoring the moment.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" A loud voice came from the stairwell.

It was George and Nick.

"I thought you guys were in the backyard?" Clay asked. I feel him shifting his body in a way so he could look at him but still be holding me.

"We were, are you driving us to the airport tomorrow?" Nick asks. I feel Clay nod. My eyes were still closed, and I had a small smile on my lips. 

"Is she asleep?" George said, his accent thick.

"No, im not idiots," I say, finally opening my eyes. 

"So you were just-"

"Cuddling. Now go away," I say, closing my eyes again and snuggling back into Clay. It earns a laugh from him and the boys.

The boys walk upstairs, presumably to pack their things, since they leave tomorrow. 

Clay's hand reached back up , stroking my hair again. My lips formed into a small smile again.

"What do you wanna do, love?" His voice was soft.

"I wanna go somewhere, I don't know where," I say softly, supressing a yawn.

"How about tonight I can take you somewhere special?"

I nod in response to his question. I let out a yawn again.

"Are you tired?"

Once again, I nod in response.

"Let's go take a nap," 

I didn't protest, since I had barley gotten any sleep last night with my nightmare. Clay stood and sweeped me up bridal style. As he began walking towards what I'm guessing was his bedroom I wrapped my arms around his torso.

As he gently placed me under the covers, he snuggled in beside me. I began to doze off, peacefully content as he pulled me against his chest.

The soft breeze ruffled my hair as I sat in the field of flowers. I run my hands through the grass, picking a daisy from beside me. I smell it's calm scent and tuck the stem behind my ear, so the flower sat above my ear.
I hold my finger up to a butterfly fluttering past, and to my surprise it landed on my finger. I examine the blue and black pattern on its wings as it flies away. 
I could hear laughter from children in the distance as they played in the nearby playground. My children.
"Lilly! Adraina! Time to go!" I stand as my two daughters run towards me. I scoop Lilly into a hug, lifting her off the ground and spinning her around before I put her down.
"Can we visit Auntie Chloe today?" Adraina asked.
"Not today sweetie, we have to go somewhere with your father," 
Lilly's dirty blonde hair shone in the sunlight as she ran towards the car. Adraina had my hair color, and her long hair flowed gracefully behind her as she ran, trying to catch up with her older sister.
"Mama, why's your stomach have a bump?" Adraina asked. I smile, placing my hand on the small bump lightly.
"I'll tell you when we get home, so both papa and I can tell you," I say, beginning to drive. 

When I get home, the two girls jump out of the car and run towards Clay, who was sitting on the porch.
I walk up the few steps and greet him with a quick peck on the lips. His arm pulled my waist to his hips. We watched the two young girls run around the yard with glee, playing tag.
"Mama! You have to tell us why you have a bump on your stomach!"
Clay smiled. I nod to him.
"Alright gather round," I see his lips curl into a smile as our daughters run up the porch to us.
"Very soon you guys will have a little brother!" 
We watch as both girls start exploding with happiness, and begin running around the yard again.
"UNCLE NICK!" Adraina yells as Nicks car into the driveway.