Chapter Three; The Corner Street Cafe

The weeks classes went by quickly, and each night I had the same unsettling dream. Men chasing me, and cornering me at a cliffside.

Last night was no different. I woke up, clasping my necklace. Why is my necklace the first thing I think of? I have no idea, maybe it's just because it hold a special place in my heart.

I look over at the clock that read 9:34am. I sigh, then remember it's sunday, and I get to hang out with Oliver and Jacob today. I perk up, remembering that.

Polly jumps onto my bed, rubbing her face against my hand. I pet her, before getting out of bed and making my way to the bathroom. 

I do my normal morning things, and go to my bedroom to get dressed. I pick out a pair of shorts, and a white tee shirt. I tuck it into my jeans. I fuss with my hair a bit before letting be it's normal style.

(If you want you can apply makeup, but you don't need to)

I walk downstairs. Chloe is sitting at the table, I'm guessing Gab isn't up yet. I make some quick eggs and toast for myself. I ask Chloe if she wants anything, but she said her and Gabbie are going out for breakfast today.

We sit and talk for a little bit, before I have half an hour until I have to be at the cafe. I say goodbye to Chloe and leave.

I decided to walk since it's not that far, and it's nice out today.

The sidewalk on the other side of the road is being repaved. I keep walking. 

I get to the corner street cafe, as I call it, and see Oli and Jacob also walking up. We meet at the door, and Jacob opens it for the two of us.

I order a medium F/D, since I had just eaten this morning.

We grabbed a table by the window and sat down. 

"So Y/N, finish that essay yet?" Jacob asks me.

"Yes actually I did, I turned it in Friday!" I chrip, feeling proud.

"That's good!" Oliver chimes in.

-30 minuets later-

"Y/N?" Oliver says.

I turn my attention from the window to him.

"What's up bud?" I question.

He takes a deep breath.

"I'm gay, and Jacob and I are dating," He says.

I stand up and walk around the table to hug him. 

He hugs back, and Jacob joins in.

"I'm very proud of you," I say to Oli.

"I was just worried we wouldnt be fri-"

"Did you forget my sister is gay? And I live with her and her girlfriend?" I ask, pulling out of the hug.

"I- yeah," He says, looking down. I laugh and go sit back down. I take another sip of my drink.

I look out the window and nearly spit out my drink. There was the men from my dreams... All 5 of them.

I let out a quick scream, drawing the attention of the whole cafe. I had fallen out of my chair at this point. Oliver rushed next to me, helping me up. The man standing in the middle locked eyes with me, and gave me a smirk.

Oliver helps me into the chair again, and notices i'm shaking. 

"What made you scared of those men?" Jacob asks, his face was pure worry.