Chapter One; Dreams and Shopping

I ran as fast as I could from the people chasing me. They had weapons, I had nothing. I continued running as fast as possible.
Until I hit a edge.
It was a cliff above the ocean, with sharp rocks beneath me. I couldn't jump. I was cornered.
I turned around to face the men that were quickly approaching with their weapons. My eyes widen in fear as the step closer to me, laughing...

I bolt upwards in bed drenched in cold sweat. My hand reached up to clasp the necklace that hung around my neck.

I was breathing heavily, gripping the necklace harder. My mother had given it to me before she passed a few years ago. Ever since she gave it to me I never took it off.

Someone began knocking at my door. 

"Come In!" I say, Chloe, my older sister walks in.

"Bad dream?" She asks. I nod.

"Sorry about that, but, if you dont get up soon you're going to miss class" She says.

"Thanks, Chloe," I say as she walks out. 

I crawl out of bed, brushing stray hairs out of my face. 

I turn on the shower, and jump in while the water is cold. It wakes me up slightly. I moved in with Chloe and her girlfriend, Gabbie, maybe 2 years ago. 

TW// Mentions of Self Harm

I turn off the shower and get dressed in black jeans and my white Dream hoodie, making sure to cover the scars on my wrists.

I fuss with my hair for a minuet in the mirror before leaving it. I grab my backpack, and car keys before heading downstairs.

Gabbie had made breakfast, Waffles with some butter and syrup. I grab one before leaving and getting into my car.

I start driving towards campus, it was maybe 30 min away. I was a Marine Biology major. 

At the red light I plug in the aux and begin playing my Spotify playlist. The first song to some on was Wilbur Soot's Your Sister Was Right.  

I nod my head to the music, humming the lyrics. I arrive at campus, and begin walking towards my first class. I stop by the bathroom first, since I had a few minuets to spare.

I walk into class and sit in my normal spot, towards the middle.

The professor begins speaking and I take out my notebook, jotting down what he's writing on the board about oceanlife.   

Eventually class is over, and I put my things into my bag before walking out and going to sit under the willow tree in the courtyard. I had half an hour to burn before my next class.

I put my headphones in, playing my Spotify. 

After a few minuets my friend, Oliver came and sat with me.

"Hey Y/N," He says.

"Hey Oli, how was your first two classes?" I ask. He has a class before my first. I pause my playlist and remove my headphones. 

"They were pretty boring. How was yours?" He asks. 

"It was alright. We were talking about micro organisms that live in water," I say respond.

"Is that the class with Professor Bret?" 

"Yeah it is," I laugh slightly.

"You know, last year, he tripped on his stool, and almost hit his head on the desk," He says, smiling slightly.