Chapter 9; Surgery

-Y/N POV-

I woke up to see Clay scrolling through his phone. 

"Morning Clay," I say. He smiles softly at me.

"Morning Y/N, how'd you sleep?" 

"Pretty well, did you get to sleep?" 

"I slept pretty well," He says, reaching over to place his hand on mine. It makes my heart skip a beat. I smile. He smiles back. God this man has me in deep. 

The door opened. I look over, expecting to see a nurse. 

"Oli!" I shout. He was dressed normally, bandages around his arm.

"Hey Y/N, how you feeling? You being in a mini coma scared us pretty bad," He says.

"I'm doing okay, how's your arm?" 

"Not bad. Just missed, tore some skin but nothing severe. You got a direct hit. I was scared I would loose you," He says, a look of sadness dwelling in his eyes.

"Hey, I'm Y/N! I always pull through. How's Jacob?"

"Doing well. Same as me, just tore some skin. He's going to visit his mom in South Carolina. Wanna facetime him?"

"YES!" Oliver pulls out his phone, Facetime calling Jacob. Oli hand me the phone as its ringing.

"Jacob!" I shout as he ansers.

"Y/N! Glad to see you're okay!" He says with a smile.

After maybe an hour of talking with Jacob, the nurse came in and began checking everything.

"If you body keeps progressing with the way it is now, after the surgery today you should be able to leave in a week or so!" She tells me. 

"Surgery? What surgery?" I ask, I begin to panic slightly, my breathing picking up. Clay and the nurse noticed, because Clay instantly took my hand and saying calming things.

"Well the bullet is still stuck, and it was too dangerous to remove while you were in your coma," She explains. I agree to the surgery, since I wanted to get out of here.

The nurse begins talking about all the possible outcomes. 

Once she left to go help the doctors prep the operating room I turned to Clay, who was still holding my hand. 

"It'll be okay, you're okay. The surgery will go great, then soon you can go home!" He says with a smile. I smile softly back.

"While I'm surgery can you go home and play with Polly? Chloe doesn't like playing with her and she gets bored easliy," I say, trying to lighten the mood. He chuckles.

"Yeah, I'll go once they take you in. I will go as far with you until they stop me," Clay smiles.

It enough to make me smile. The nurse came back and began prepping the anesthetics. I grow nervous, and Clay notices.

"Y/N, before you go under, let me do one thing," He says. I nod.

He very slowly leans over, before gently placing a kiss onto my lips. It was gentle, soft, passionate. 

He pulls away after a moment, barley giving me time to process what happened. His green eyes bore into mine. As he sat back down beside me the nurse put a oxygen mask onto my face. 

I immediately start to feel the pull of sleep. I fight it for a moment, giving a brief, sleepy wave to Clay as I was being moved. 

I stopped fighting as he waved back, and let sleep take over me.

A/N: I'm doing a bit better after my dogs passing. Writing has helped for sure. Thank you everyone!