39.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

On a fine Thursday morning, many trees and flowers were in bloom, and in a couple of hours, Mirai was going to have her surgery.

"How do you keep losing? You literally just press one button."

Mirai looked back at her brother with widened eyes. "What, no?! I just saw you do some weird combo with the whole controller."

Len huffed out a breath, frustrated at how his sister was blaming him for her loss.
"I needed the bonus points. You are still a beginner so you shouldn't worry about that."

The girl frowned. "... I want bonus points..."

As they were playing another round, their father came into the room. Seeing how the two were getting along, he smiled. "You two look like you're having fun"

"Pa, you're distracting us!" They both yelled in sync, eyes still fixed on the screen.

"Okay okay..." The man rubbed the back of his neck, taking a couple of steps away from them.

After a while, the game came to a close with Len winning once again. Mirai dropped the controller onto her lap, shaking her head. "What the heck! This game is so rigged."

"That's what all the losers say..." He deviously smirked to which made Mirai roll her eyes.

They continued arguing with each other about the game until someone came into the room. Hearing the door open, their eyes shifted to the person.

"Sorry if I was disturbing something, but I just wanted to tell you we'll be starting in half an hour," The nurse said as she still held on to the doorknob.

"Okay, thank you!" Mirai said before the nurse went out. The news made Len start sniffling, holding back a few tears but wanting to appear strong in front of his sister.

"What's with that face you're making?" Said Mirai, causing the boy to turn away from her.

"I might not see you anymore, of course, I'll be crying." He muttered.

The girl let out a laugh. "We never got along well anyway."

Len looked back at her, eyes widened. "That doesn't matter now!" He already regretted the many harsh insults and attitudes he put onto his sister while, at the same time, she was trying her best to fight against her sickness.

"You're right," Mirai softly smiled before stroking Len's hair. "Just be a good kid and don't give Pa a hard time, okep?"

Len nodded, also returning the smile. "Yes, sis"