1.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"I'm sorry Mr. Lee, your daughter has such very weak lungs."

The words weren't familiar to me back when I was a child, but now I know what it means.
If I worry or fear too much, I lose control of my breath and hyperventilate. Doing that often may lead to my death. It was simply just something I was born with and probably never be cured.

But that's not gonna stop me from living a normal life. My doctor told me to always have a positive mindset, so that's what I've been doing for the past 11 years. Simply living as if I'm a healthy girl. Before my mother passed away, she gave me a diary to write all my thoughts and feelings in. It actually helps to ease my worries away.

At 16, I started my second year of high school. My best friends helped me through this rocky journey and so have my bratty little brother and father.

And that takes us here.

——

"Bye Pa!  Bye Len!"

After closing my front door, I strolled down the walkway, leading to my two close friends.
Beomgyu and Jinhee.

They noticed my appearance and waved a hello.

"Mirai!," Beomgyu enthusiastically exclaimed flashing that big smile of his. I giggled at his energy then stood in between the two as we walked to our school.

Beomgyu has been my childhood friend ever since we started pre-school. It was like the memories were still fresh in my mind.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* flashback *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Oh no! Mirai why are you crying?"

I wiped my tears away but couldn't stop myself gasping for air. The boy sat down next to me and patted my back to help ease the pain.

"Shhh," he whispered, placing his index finger on his lips. I tried following his commands but it was too hard for me to control. I was losing my breath.

The boy then stood up and inhaled a deep breath. "HELP!! TEACHER!!"

I watched him scream at the top of his lungs. His face was turning red that it made me laugh. What a weird kid. He looked back at me after he heard me giggle. For some reason he started holding back his laughter. Then there we were, laughing our butts off on the ground.

The teacher rushed out of the classroom and kneeled down to ask what was going on. Soon after, I was taken to the hospital. The next day at preschool, the boy who saved me gave me a flower and a drawing that had me and him in it.

"I want to be best friends with you!" He cheered.
"Me too! We'll stay together forever!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* end of flashback *:・゚✧*:・゚✧