•Thirty-Four•

“For instance,” 

The sound of Dio’s voice made you pause from walking forward. You had been wandering around the mansion after sparring against a couple of Dio’s minions, testing out the silver sword you’d found on one of the many suits of armor laying around. You had killed them, of course, but it was fun to have a moving target.

You pressed your back against the wall, body hidden within the shadows of the stone manor. You looked around the corner, looking into the chapel. Dio was laid across a plush velvet couch, twirling a rose around in his hands. Two animal-like creatures laid beside him, but instead of having a normal, animal-like face, they had humanoid faces. A frightened girl sat against the stone wall, under the large window. The architecture was more complex and beautiful in this room than in any other place. The dog like creature laughed and yipped, making the girl jump.

“Behold the lovely rose,” Dio purred in a sultry voice. “You, my dear, are like this rose. Pay attention to it’s crimson color. Once this flower blooms, it will soon wither away. Such a pity, is it not?” The girl shifted back more. 

“What a wonderful age, sixteen!” The creature on Dio’s leg yipped. “So pure and innocent! Brimming with delicious energy ins’t she, Lord Dio?”

Dio’s eyes slightly narrowed before he knocked the creature from his leg and slammed his foot down onto its head, crushing the things skull under his boot. Blood splattered on the ground, and the girl whimpered in fear, turning her head away. 

“The ill-mannered are unworthy of life,” Dio said, standing. “So, my dear, I offer you a choice. Would you like to be young and beautiful for all eternity? I, however, am not one to force affection,”

You rolled your eyes. 

“You are free to choose your own destiny.” He said, kneeling beside her. 

“Devil,” She whispered. You were surprised you heard her from how low her voice was. 

“What as that?” Dio asked, leaning closer with a grin curling on his lips.

The girl turned and glared at him before reeling her hand back and struck his cheek. Dio’s head turned to the side and his eyes widen briefly, before relaxing as he grinned once more. 

“You’re a damned d-devil! Curse you forever!” She exclaimed. 

Blood trickled from the corner of Dio’s lips and he licked it up as the rose in his hand wilted and fell to the ground. Dio stood and began to walk away. At the feeling of something dripping on her shoulder, the girl looked up and her eyes widened in fear. An ominous and menacing figure rested above her, its drool leaking down onto her. 

“How regrettable our little rendezvous must end,” Dio sighed as the creature fell down and landed in front of the girl. You could see it’s long claws and bulky form, and saw heard the girl whimper in fear. 

“May I introduce you to the dreaded, Doobie,” Dio said. “Since I am not to your liking, I wish you joy with him. Goodbye, my dear,” He said, exting out of the opposite direction you peered in from. The girl screamed in pure fear and scrambled to her feet. Your hand gripped the handle of your sword, but before you could step inside, an anvil fell from the ceiling. You immediately turned your gaze up and felt your eyes widen. Six figures stood above you, two of whom you almost immediately recognized. You backed into the shadows before turning and running. 

You turned around corners, sprinted down halls, heart thumping against your chest. You stopped on the balcony, throwing the doors open. Dio turned to look at you, his eyes narrowing at your panting and bewildered expression.