•Thirty•

“How are you feeling?”

The soft, sultry voice pulled you from your thoughts as you looked over from where you’d been sitting in front of the window. You shifted your gaze from the trickling rain and to the blonde walking towards you. Dio stopped a few feet back and placed his hands in his pants pockets. Your hand rested on your thigh as you shifted to face him more. 

“Fine,” You replied, glancing at him. “Why are you standing so far back?”

Dio gave you the kind of look that said: “Seriously?” You raised an eyebrow at him before it dawned on you. It was daylight, and you were sitting in front of the open window. Dio was standing at the part of the room where the shadows met the light. 

“Oh. Sorry,” You said, standing up. You faltered for a moment and Dio almost stepped forward to grab you but hissed and stepped back instead. You walked towards him and as soon as you stepped in the shadows, Dio was in front of you, holding onto your waist. 

“I don’t like you being out of my reach,” He muttered, pulling you closer to him. You frowned. 

“Why are you acting so clingy?” You said in almost disgust. 

“I let you go once,” Dio said angrily. “I will not let you go again.”

“You sound possessive,” You said, removing his hands from your waist as you turned away from him and walked back towards a table. 

“Is there something wrong with that?” Dio growled, flashing in front of you before you could walk back into the sunlight. You glared at him. 

“I’m not something you can possess, Brando,” You snapped. Your eyes went wide as Dio pulled your hair, making your head tilt back and exposed your neck. He felt your body tense up even more as his breath fanned against your neck. His nose brushed against your pulse point and he could feel it quicken under him. His lips curled into a grin. 

“Are you certain about that, Y/n?” He whispered, making goosebumps erupt across your skin. “All it would take is a single move, and I could drain you until you were no use to me anymore. I could easily pierce your pretty little neck,”

“What’s stopping you?” 

The smoothness of your voice surprised both of you. You were honestly terrified right now. Dio was right, he could easily drain your blood and kill you instantly. His fangs were so close to your skin, you could practically feel them. It was a surprise he hadn’t killed you yet. His bloodlust was obviously high seeing how many bodies you’ve seen laying around in the past three hours you’ve been there. Not to mention how much blood you had lost from your leg, you knew he could smell it, and he had a hunger for it. Yet, he’s never been hostile towards you. In fact, he’s been the complete opposite. It was disgusting. 

Dio chuckled against your neck, making a shudder run down your spine. He trailed his lips up your neck, to your ear, jawline, cheek, and stopped above your lips, leaving a trail of goosebumps in his path. His lips weren’t pressed against yours, but hovering above them, watching as your cheek grew red in color. 

“Your blood is too precious to consume,” He replied. “You’re too...interesting...for me to destroy.”

“Interesting?” You repeated quietly, flicking your gaze anywhere but his eyes. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Dio grinned. “It means you’re full of surprises, Y/n. Like now. You seem quite stunned by my actions, but you have no objections towards them. Why is that?”

“You’re all bark, but no bite,” You said. “To me at least. You can threaten me all you like, but you could never hurt me,”

Dio dug the tip of his nails into your side. “What makes you think I can’t?”