•Eight•

“Are you insane?” The girl beside you asked the gray-haired woman. “There’s no way even the best thief in the world could do that!”

“That’s incorrect, Delilah,” Kaliah said. “You see, I’ve chosen Vex and the person they trust the most because they had connections with a Joestar a few years ago.”

Murmurs and questions washed over the table, all eyes turned to you. You growled and sunk into your seat further. “He’s a rotten child. He is not one of my connections,”

“From what I’ve seen of him, he seems like quite the gentleman,” Kaliah hummed, glancing at you with dangerous, ugly brown eyes. Harry had brown eyes, but his eyes were much more lovely--anything on her was ugly and disgusting. “He also treated your wounds if I’m not mistaken.”

Elijah glanced at you in the corner of his eye, before turning back to the woman. “What do we have to do?”

Kaliah grinned wider.

“I have an idea,”

“This is madness,” You mumbled under your breath, tugging the gloves on your hand. 

“At least we look cool,” Elijah said. “Do you need help fastening that?” He asked, watching as you tried tugging on the leggings that Kaliah had given you. 

“They’re too damn big! It’s for a bigger man!” You huffed, looking around. “Give me that rope over there,” You tied the rope around your waist and rolled the pants over until they fit snugly. Then, you pulled your cloak on and lifted the hood. 

“Kaliah really must hate the Joestar’s if she wants us to do this,” Elijah mumbled, also pulling his cloak over his head. 

“Or just thinks we’re the best. Does she even realize how hard this is? Sneaking around while she shoots the breeze, who does she take us for? The Scotland Yard of thieves?” You huffed, touching the wrap on your fingers to make sure they were still there. “This’ll be almost utterly impossible!”

“She’s a crazy old lady,” He said, opening the door. “What do you expect? Besides, it’s us. We can pull it off.”

“You pick locks and hit people. I pick pockets, steal from shops, and run away,” You said, glancing at him in the corner of your eye. He titled his side to side in thought. 

“Sounds like it balances it out to me,”

“Now you’re the crazy one,” You said, shaking your head. 

“What?” He grinned, looking down at you.

“Let’s go, we shouldn’t waste any more time.” You muttered.

“Kaliah is already in the carriage,” Elijah said. 

“Saves us time then,” You said walking towards the wooden horse-drawn carriage. The two men standing behind it open the doors as you approached. Elijah climbed in first, then extended his hand out to help you up. Once you were both seated across from the older woman, she spoke and started giving your instructions. 

“I expect the most out of both of you,” She said, crossing one of her legs over the other. “You two are the best thieves in all of London. You get the job done, and you do it well. There’s never been a slip-up with either of you, and I don’t want one tonight. Your task is to break into George Joestar’s office and steal the certification of all of his steeds. It’s a small task, and we will build up from there. I bet that old bastard wouldn’t even realize they were missing,” 

“Only the horse deeds?” Elijah asked. You had to agree with his confusion. Why would she only want the certification of his horse breeds?

“Yes. I’ll sell the deeds and split it between the three of us. Then, and the next party this foolish wit has, we’ll move up. However, this job is to be done quietly and clean. I don’t want any ruckus or mess. If I heard even one peep about an unknown sound, I’ll keep the cut, and both of you are done for. Do I make myself clear?” She said sternly, glaring at the both of you. You nodded. “Good, now stay beside me until I tell you to go.” She said as the carriage was pulled to a halt. A moment later, the doors were opening, and you and Elijah were jumping down, then helped Kaliah out. Elijah nudged you and pointed to your face as he pulled a black cloth over his mouth and nose. You did the same.