friday 10:00am sander

I am with Miss Bright, the woman from the social services. We are at the doorstep of my "new family".
- Are you ready Sander.
I barely said a word since yesterday. I just sigh and answer a little : "whatever".
She knocks and five minute later three people open the door. There is a man, a woman and a kid.
- Hi please enter ! You must be Sander ! says the woman happily
- Yeah.
- Nice to meet you Sander ! I hope you'll be pleased to live with us.
He smiles at me and immediately it reminds me of my father, I try to put this memory away as fast as I can. Seeing that I dont answer he looses a little bit his smile before continuing.
- So i am Jeff, and this Mary, my wife, and this is Sam your new little brother ! You'll be sleeping in the same room as him for some time before we finish to paint the other room !
I still don't answer. So once again he keeps going.
- Sam has also been placed here, he lost his parents 2 years ago, you arent the first young man with problems that we are dealing with.
I roll my eyes.
- I am not problematic, my dad is an asshole that's it, and I already got a mom. I say
There is a silence.
I sight.
- Where is my bedroom ? I ask
- Sam show him your bedroom. advices the man
I follow the little kid through the corridor to end up in a room, there are two beds, the one on the right seems taken so I put my bag on the one on the left, sits on the bed and finally I lay on it.
I wait for the kid to leave me alone but he doesnt. I sight one more time.
- What do you want ? I interrogate
- Why are you angry ? You'll see Jeff and Mary are amazing !
- I dont care about them, I am not like you, I got a family.
- Well I do too, I got them.
- It's different.
- Why ?
- Dont you ever stop asking question ?! It's different, that's it ! I yell before going back to trying to sleep
I hear the young boy leaving the room crying.
I hear from far away the conversation of the miss Bright and my new guardians.
- Dont be too hard on him, right now he is pissed, but sooner or later it will get better. The separation with his mom was pretty hard. And considering what happened the last time he was with his biological parents, none of them have the right to visit him. Kids who have traumas like him are often full of anger at first, so dont worry if he pushes you away, you just need to keep trying to make him feel comfortable. Also that's logical but please, be nice with him and do nothing that could freak him out, we dont know exactly how far his dad went with him, he for sure used to beat him up, I witnessed it myself, but he could have as well give him awful treatment.
- Such as ?
- I dont know, lock him in a closet and not letting him go out of it until the day after... or he could have forbid him to eat for days, we never know how far those kind of people can go. So never lock him in his room because if he has been locked somewhere once it traumatized him, it might wake up the trauma. Oh and we cant also forget the possibility of sexual abused, considering what I saw nothing can not be taken as possible.
- Okay, we'll try our best to make him feel better. tells her the man
- Perfect, and dont forget about his disorder, communication is the key of everything and it can help to make a futur crisis simply not exist.
- Thank you, we wont forget that. We will tell you soon how things are going. he answers
- Good, well goodbye, take good care of him.
- Bye, we will.

After a while I hear someone coming in the room. Mary starts talking after sitting next to me (I am still laying) on the bed.
- Hey, Miss Bright told us a lot of things about where you are from... your backstory, and all those things... so if you ever need someone to talk, just know that we are here Jeff and I, and Sam is really happy that you are here. What would you think if we would go to the restaurant this evening?
I hesitate to answer but after thinking about it, I do :
- I am tired right now...
- Oh yes, sure, I get it...
- But maybe later I'll be feeling better and going to the restaurant could be a great idea.
- Oh, cool ! she says surprised. At where restaurant do you want to go ?
I think about it, I didnt go eating anywhere with my parents since I was little.
- I dont know... I haven't really been eating in a restaurant since ages now. I admit embarrassed
- Oh okay, that's not a problem, so you want me to choose ?
- Yes... please.
- Okay, I'll find something. Do you need anything else ?
- No.
She doesnt say anything, she just leaves.

Dont fool yourselves, I am not getting attached to her or anything, it is just that going to the restaurant... it is like the jackpot for me, I can't refuse that !