Chapter 21

Emily Matthews

I don't know how long I had been standing there. All I could feel that my lips were tingling. The call for breakfast rang through the room. That brought me out of my trance. Come on! Emily you got a fight today, pull yourself together! I ran out of the room to the Pit, grabbed my breakfast and walked away fast trying to avoid anyone's gaze. While walking a hand grabbed my elbow and made me stumble a few steps back. I looked up and saw Eric.

He took the plate out of my hand and pulled me towards a dark corner. I just let him do it. I knew if I tried fighting him I would get hurt badly. When he came to a halt I jerked my hand out of his grasp and whisper-yelled at him "What is the meaning of this Eric?!?!?"

"Where were you yesterday night?" he asked in a deadly calm tone. It would have been better if he yelled.

"Why would you care?" I asked

"Just tell me."

"It's none of your business" with that I started walking away but he grabbed my shoulder and shoved me to the wall.

"I asked you a question and I want the answer"

"And I told you that it's none of your goddamn business"

"Watch that tone Matthews, or..."

"Or what? Your time of teasing and bullying me are over Eric. Grow Up"

With that I shoved him hard and ran away.

In between I collided with Four Seriously.

"Whoa! Hey Emily. Where were you last night?"

"Insomnia attack. I was just wandering here and there" I said hoping he took the hint that I didn't wanna talk about it.

"So...... You nervous for your fight today." He asked changing the topic

"Me, for all I know you should be the one nervous. Your fight is going to be the most memorable one in the history of Dauntless"

"Yeah your right. Anyways who are you fighting?"

"Zeke"

------------------------------------At the Time of fight----------------------------------------------

"Emily and Zeke. You are up!" Amar shouted

I entered the ring and from the other side Zeke did too. Saying he is a fit man would be an understatement, that guy is damn muscular. On the other hand, there am I, without any weapon I am just as bad in fighting as Amity, and trust me that is a statement.

We both took our stance and started shuffling here and there. He took the first shot with a punch at my face. Luckily I ducked. Unluckily I didn't see that the boys was shooting two arrows at once he had his leg sticking out, by which I collided and stumbled down. My brain worked quickly and I pulled his legs making him come down as well that gave me the time to stand and regain my posture. I kicked him in his stomach. When he stood up and again tried to punch me I took his forearm and judo-flipped him. He was groaning on the ground when the horn went off.

I offered him a hand which he gratefully took. I muttered a quick apology which he just waved off and we both came out the ring. Amar patted Zeke's back and gave me approved nod. I went back and stood at the end of the crowd. Our fight was nothing to them. The only interesting fight was yet to come.

Four versus Eric

A/N

Heyyy Long time no see! I might post the next chapter today it self since the next chapter is going to be of the fight of four and Eric. Constructive criticism appreciated.

ADIOS!