Chapter 30

A/N :I'm including the sneak peak here as well incase you didn't read the previous one
If you did just start reading from the stars

Emily Matthews
Max led me through various hallways and we took many turns. Apparently the Dauntless Headquarters was a lot bigger than it seemed. Finally we entered an elevator that climbed up till Floor 73. As the doors opened, Two buffed up guards stood at either side with one of those tranquillizer guns in hand. They turned their head just to give Max a little bow and may I add totally ignore me. 

Max stood in front of this scanner thingy which projected out light to scan his eyes. As the green light blinked he looked back at me with a smirk.

"Curtesy of your former faction." he said. while I just gave him an unsatisfying fake smile, while internally freaking out of the fact that Erudite has a part in this, ergo my aunt has a part in this mission. What have I gotten myself into! Four was pretty much right I am an idiot. That too a big one.

"So is this like a Dauntless-Erudite mission?" I asked as casually as I could. Max snickered.          

"Ya, something like that." That's it I am dead.

We entered this hall with computers lined up everywhere. I saw a flash of blue at the corner of my eye  before I could ask about it I felt a stinging pain on my the side of my neck.

Then everything went black...

***********
I woke up with a thumping pain in my head. As I raised my hand toh press to my forehead, I realised that I couldn't. The sharpness of the ziptie pretty much cut my skin on trying.

"Argh!" I exclaimed.

"Finally" someone said "The dose was only to knock you out for a few hours but the dang girl slept for almost a day."
The voice sounded too familiar.

"Eric." I gasped out.

He walked toward me with a menacing smirk. A small knife twirling between his fingers. The edge of the knife felt ice cold against my temple.

"What happened Matthews? Cat got your tongue huh. " He taunted slowing bringing the tip of the blade down my cheek approaching my neck.

"What did you say before you left huh? You'll always be my best friend " He let out a humorless laugh pressing the tip more into my skin. He pushed back my chair until it was balancing on two lone feet.

"Listen here Emily Matthews, and listen with your ears wide open. You and i were are and always will be enemies."
My eyes started brimming with tears not because of the knife just about to pierce me

"What did you think? I mad because I'm in love with you?! That I actually wanted to be friends with you ha!"
My eyes widened
" I must say you're pretty dumb for and erudite no wonder you were kicked out."
As my blood was about to drip another voice echoed in the room.

"I need the girl alive for now Eric."
Eric just shrugged letting the chair come back to equilibrium and moved out of my line of sight welcoming me eye to eye to my aunt.

But no, the look of absolute disgust spoke over any relationship we may or may not have had in the past 16 years of my life. We stared at each other as if a silent arugment was going on between us.

"Oh c'mon Jeannine little Knicks do no harm."

"Report to Max immediately. I have some urgent task for you."

"But- "

"NOW!"

Eric sighed and walked out of the room.

Jeannine strolled towards me grabbing me by my cheeks with sheer force to the point of pain.

"Now Darling let's get you set up."

"What set up?" I asked still trying to rummage through the tied knots but they were the ones taught at dauntless. These are almost impossible to untangle.

"Oh sweetie, you just think you're so good at keeping secrets. Like how you hided your divergence." She turned her back to me paying attention to the computer on the other side.

"If only you knew that I knew about you even before you did yourself."

"Huh?"

"I have been researching about divergence and it's origins since the past 10 years. And you dear are my master key."

She dragged my chair towards the laboratory type station that was filled with various chemicals.

"Apparently Divergence has a link toh genetics the brain hormones gets tranfered from the parent to the offspring that lead to a rather unlikely way of thinking in various directions."
She continued

"However the growth of the hormone is said to increase rapidly from one generation to another. So obviously working on the first gen would give inaccurate results and not to mention it'll be no fun. So we jump on the second gen."

"The hormone is amplified by the advance use of the emotion that means high strikes in the brain usage. That calls for some big measures don't you agree?"

"Hormone genetics divergence second generation big measure"

And just like the pieces clicked into their places.

"You killed my parents" i growled lowly.

"Took you long enough. How exactly did you get erudite in your aptitude again."

" How could you kill your own sister?"

"Oh with a few call car crash boom. It's pretty easy really." She shrugged casually as she injected a syringe in my forearm. Holding my upper arm in a tight grip.

"What is this?" I said as i struggled against her hold.

"Oh just hold still would you. You're my lab rat for a few weeks we'll spent our time working on the genetic structure of this hormone and then make a program to identify this structure in anybody's blood sample."

" Yeah right" i scoffed " How exactly do you plan on getting the blood sample of the whole Chicago?"

She just raised an eyebrow towards me.
And it didn't take me long

"The initiation ceremony" I mumbled.

"Atta Girl" she patted me on the head and turned her attention back to the big screen.

This is bad. Like bad bad. I have to get out of here.

A/N
Hehe.