Chapter 5

Tobias Eaton

Jeanine Matthews was the council representative of Erudite. That meant that she was her niece. What was her name? I usually stayed in the house so I didn't quite know many people. Whoever she was I must admit that she was beautiful, in her own natural way. Her calculating grey eyes told me that she was an Erudite Scholar. Amar broke my thoughts. "You guys are supposed to be in the other car with the other initiates." "Whatever, what's your name Stiff?" the girl asked. I opened my mouth to say but couldn't gather the courage to tell my real name. "You can call me 'Stiff' for all I care. What's yours?"

"Matthews, Emily Matthews"

Tori gave me a strange look and for a moment I felt scared that she is going to tell her my real name, but she eases out and nods. I felt relived. We turn towards the doors and people started jumping. Tori went first, then Amar. Emily offered her hand to me and smiled a little. I accepted, since I wouldn't be able to jump until someone pushed me. My hand went loose from her a few seconds before we landed on a pile of rocks. I landed face-first. Emily landed on her knees; apart from a few cuts she looked fine. "Dam" someone said behind me "I was hoping we would get to scrape some Stiff pancake off the pavement later." I stared at the ground.

"Cut it off Eric! Not like you ended in some graceful manner." Emily said from my side. I stood up. Eric clapped sarcastically and came in front of me. "Never thought that the book nerd Emily, who's second home was the library would end up in Dauntless." Emily just rolled her eyes and surged forward, I followed. Amar stepped on the ledge and my inside did a somersault. I knew what we were going to do.

Jump.    

A/N 

Divergent does not belong to me it belongs to Veronica Roth.