Chapter 28

Tobias Eaton
My eyes flew right open at 5o'clock. I pity my other initiates. They have grown used to Eric's snoring. The bed left to Eric's was also empty. Funny, Emily is the first and the last person I have seen who wakes up even before me. I do feel bad for her though. Evil aunt, love of her life died. I wonder if I would ever feel such sorrow for my love. Huh! First of all who would love such an idiot like me.
I got up, took a quick shower and jogged my way to the training room. On the way I bumped into someone, making us both fall down. I scrambled back to my feet and started muttering apologies.
She moved her hazel hair back and looked at me. Then she jumped up, standing took my hand and dragged me.
"Whoa! Whoa! Where are yo taking me?" I stuttered as Emily with her eyebrows furrowed.
She brought me to the little balcony where she had first brought me to see the sunrise.
She stopped and left me wrist which now had red marks because of her nails.
"I need to talk to you. I know Max said to tell no one about this but I can't just disappear. What if someone asks about me or anything. Erudite news writers are clever they'll publish anything on Jeannine's command. They'll destroy Dauntless." she blabbered along. It looked like she was talking to herself rather than to me.
" Oh lord what have I got myself into!? " She put her face in her hands.
I grabbed her wrists with both my hand and removed it from her face      " What are you talking about?" I asked concerned for her mental health.
She repeated the whole conversation of hers with Max. While I stared her with wide eyes.
"Are you Crazy!!?" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air.
"Do you have a death wish or something? Or do you think getting killed is fun? Well spoiler alert: It is really painful. And I am speak from personal experience "
"It doesn't matter. It wouldn't matter to anyone!" Emily screamed
" Oh really! You think you are that unimportant. Did you even think what would happen to Eric." She opened her mouth to argue but closed it again of speechlessness. I continued.
"Don't you think I know that? I'm not blind Emily everyone can see that he is head over heels for you."
"I don't care what Eric would think." she whispered.
"What about me then. Huh? Or do you not care what effect I would have if you died."
"Why would you care?"
Instead of answering I simply hugged her.