Chapter 16

Emily Matthews

OK. Granted I might have stretched the joke a little. Everyone in Dauntless knew that Four and Eric don't go together. Eric reaches out to every chance to pull Four's leg. They both are the best fighters of our group. Personally I didn't expect either of them to be good, but guess they proved me wrong.

"I am sorry" I muttered.

He sighed "It's okay. Why are you here so early anyway? Training doesn't start till 7."

I looked up and my eyes shined bright. I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him to my spot. It was a small open area connected to the training room. I woke up every day at 5 just to look at the sun rise.

"If you tell about this place to anyone I will murder you with a butter knife."

He chuckled "So you get up this early to see the sun rise."

I nodded "My whole life has revolved around three places- Apartment, School and Library. Never looked out. Never realized how beautiful our city is."

He stared at me with wide eyes.

"What?" "Nothing." We both started at the horizon, enjoying the silence.

"Come on let's go." I said breaking the silence. We walked back and noticed that training was about to start in 15 minutes. Today we were going to practice knife throwing.

We reached the training room.

"Watch out Matthews!" I heard Eric and after that all I could hear was a screeching noise. I pulled my head back and made an arc with my back. I could hear a slight *crack* and then a *CLANG* the knife stuck on the wall. I stared at the knife, then jerked my head towards Eric and saw him shrugging while mouthing "Oops"

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Amar shuddering and the memories of past rolled in my mind. I smirked.

A/N 

Hey. Here is the new chapter. Hope you enjoy. Constructive Criticism is appreciated. Divergents doesn't belong to me it belongs to V Roth.

ADIOS!