Chapter 4

Tobias Eaton

I didn't care what others thought about me. The thing that was most important was that I.WAS.FREE.

My new faction is like a many-armed creature, stretching towards me. I move toward it. I didn't dare to look back at my father's face. I surged forward. An erudite boy gave me a stinky eye but I didn't acknowledge it. With several claps on my back appreciating my bravery, I stormed down the stairs; tore a small patch of cloth from my jacket and wrapped it around my hand. Just as the breeze hit my face I heard laughing and shouting. For a second, I felt insecure. Did I make the right choice? I guess no turning back now.

I followed my fellow initiates towards the train tracks. While running I bumped into a girl. The hawk tattoo on the back of her neck gave me hint that who she was. Tori.

"You're not a bad runner. Atleast for an Abnegation kid. " She commented. I only had enough energy to shrug with a small grin.

The rush of the crowd, the vibration of the train tracks ran through my spine filling me with a blast of energy. I knew what was coming next and I was prepared for it.

The train thunders towards us and the Dauntless start piling on. Tori run toward the edge, and I follow her, copying her stance and her movements as she prepares to jump. Trying to copy her and jumped on the train. It wasn't the greatest but... "Smooth" a dark-haired boy said. He looked younger than Tori.

"Fitness is for Erudite show-offs" Tori said. "He made it on the train, Amar, that's what counts." "I beg to differ" a voice behind me said. She had shoulder length hazel hair and storming grey eyes, her uniform of Erudite told me that she was an initiate. "Not all Erudite are show-offs just a few who are heads over heals with their power" "Look who is saying." Amar snorted "What is the proof that you aren't like your aunt?" She pursued her lips "I left them, didn't I?" Like an idiot person standing there I asked "Who is your aunt?" She raised an eyebrow then scanning my expression realized that I was really clueless.

"Jeanine Matthews"

A/N 

here is Tobias's POV for you incase you were being bored by Emily's. I do not own Divergent, Veronica Roth does. House open for suggestions.

ADIOS!