Chapter 7

Emily Matthews

Finally 'The Stiff' came. Now I really wanted to know his name. He come a stood near me. There was a moment of silence. "Well that was fun. What do you think?" I broke the silence. "He looks like he is going to puke. Feel free man. We all would like a show" a Dauntless-born said. I gave him my best death glare and looked up at the Stiff and noticed that he wasn't completely wrong. The boy looked pale as ever. Before I could say anything to sooth him. Amar spoke up.

"My name is Amar. I am your initiation instructor. I am a Dauntless-born and have been training for three years and I feel that I am qualified enough to train you. The Dauntless born and the initiates would do the physical training separately because we would like to see them for more than three days mind you." I could hear some snickers from their side. Amar gave them a sly grin and continued "Before we escort you to your dormitories. We would like you take a look inside your brains." "What do you mean?" a guy asked. Amar replied "Ever heard the term 'face you fears' we're taking that literally. Transfers follow me." We did and followed through a chasm, my insides found the sound of running water below soothing. However, the Stiff looked more and more paler (which I didn't expect could happen). We stopped in a room with chairs at its edges. Eric snorted "Has the standards of Dauntless gone down? Dropped to zero? Now they are going to scare us with a bunch of wires!" I swear to the River Styx If any other person wouldn't I would kill him. We all took a seat and that's when I started noticing all the initiates. The Dauntless born dressed in black. All looking tough and giving off looks like: Say a word to me and I'll slice you in half. Amar came in and broke the silence "Come on Smartass! I would love to scare the shit out of you first." "Try me" Eric sneered. They went in and after two minutes I could hear Eric screaming like crazy. If it was anyone else I would have empathized, but what he had he deserved much worse.

A/N

Divergent belongs to the very awesome Veronica Roth.