Chapter 29

Emily Matthews
As a person who has never been much cared about in her childhood, getting hugged by Four was a little awkward. But yet I could hear and believe the sentiment behind his action. As if he was really scared to loose me. I soothingly rubbed his back before pulling apart.
"I don't really know when I would return or even if I..." Four cut me off by placing his palm over my mouth.

"If you don't return I will personal annihilate you."

I took the first three fingers of my right and touched them to my lips before putting them out front and said "Scout's honor". Four furrowed his eyebrows and said "what?"

My smile faded as remembered that this was something that me and Eric used to do, it was like our own pinky promise. But I don't have anytime for sobbing here. I gently shook my head and said, "I read about it in a book once, I some other part of the world girls and boys were divided into these groups and they did many fun adventurous activities and as a reward they got badges. This is like a dubbed way to say 'Cross my heart and hope to die'" 

Four groaned "Can we stop talking about dying now?" I giggled and nodded. I looked back at the sunrise and for a second my mind wandered off to thinking what was outside the fence where this Scouts took place. I shook my head again. Better clean up this mess inside the fence before thinking about the mess outside. 

"I need to leave today. before that I need to pack my stuff from the dorms. help me?" I asked. He nodded and we jogged back to the dorms. 

I started stuffing whatever my hand could find in my bag, while Four kept chucking more stuff at me. Finally I was done but I needed to do something before I leave. I asked Four to wait for me outside and keep a check incase someone decided to take a radom check at 5 am in the morning. I closed my eyes and sighed before making my way to that one teenage boy to whom that little cot seemed real small.

I crouched down and wiped off the tiny baby hair off of Eric's forehead. I smiled a little.
"You would always be my best friend."
I turned away before I broke down, and went straight out through the door. I jerked Four by the shoulder ignoring his calls. I went at the main entrance just to find Max standing there.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded.

'Baby let the games begin......'