Rhysand-Stress

POV:

Rhysand is stressed at work and you plan to comfort him.

Y/N POV

You sigh contentedly as you sink into the hot bath water. Bubbles float all around you and the air is filled with the smell of jasmine and midnight.

It was your day off and you planned to enjoy some much needed self-care and then go shopping with Mor. Rhysand was out working; apparently you two couldn't have a break on the same day, so he was busy at the House of Wind.

Closing your eyes, you lean back against the bath and will the water to ease your aching muscles from training.

After only a few minutes of relaxation, you sense discomfort down the bond, coming from Rhysand's side. Without opening your eyes you whisper down the bond. Are you alright?

He takes a few moments to reply. Fine, everything's fine.

Rhys, you say back in a warning tone. You can sense his long intake of air.

Just tired. I'd rather be at home with you than working; Devlon's being difficult again.

I'm sorry, you say. Do you want me to come to work?

No, he replies. This is your day off darling, enjoy it. And don't worry about me. You feel Rhys's soft talons caress your shields. Before you could reply the bond went silent.

You open your eyes and finish your bath. You knew what you were going to do.

Just as you finished getting dressed, Mor's voice sings from downstairs, 'Y/N?'

'I'm coming!' you shout and finishing adjusting your necklace. Downstairs, Mor hugs you tight. 'Ready to go shopping?' She asks eagerly.

'I can't Mor I'm so sorry. Rhys is so stressed, and I want to do something nice for him. I need to ask you, Cass and Az a big favor; one I promise I'll repay.' You tell her regretfully. 'And I promise we will go shopping soon, I'll buy you something pretty.'

'Of course Y/N, anything you need.' She says and you exchange smiles.

THAT AFTERNOON

'Okay, is everything ready?' You ask Cassian, Azriel and Morrigan.

'Yeah I think so.' Says Cassian smiling.

'Right. Before I winnow you all in I want to say thank you again. I could never have done this without your help. And anything you need from me I will do my best to give it to you.' You look at each of them and smile gratefully.

'Anything for our High Lady.' Azriel says and the others nod their agreement.

You smile, nod, and winnow them all to the House of Wind.

'You guys go ahead, I'll find Rhys.' You tell them quietly. They nod and each leave a kiss on your cheek before disappearing into the House.

Rhys, you say down the bond. Where are you?

I'm still at the House. He replies. Why?

Which part of the House? You ask, ignoring his question.

The War Room.

Without another word, you make your way through the house, to the War Room. You knock on the door and a muffled voice says, 'Enter.'

There is only one person inside; sitting at a desk covered in paperwork. The fire in the hearth has burnt down to only a few dying embers. 'Rhys,' you say, and he looks up at you from the desk. 'Hey,' he replies. 'What are you doing here, it's supposed to be your day off?'

'Well I can't relax knowing that my mate is under stress now can I?'

'Darling-'

'I want to show you something,' you interrupt him. You hold out your hand and he slowly stands up and takes it. Dark shadows form around you as you winnow Rhysand and yourself to the roof of the townhouse. The sky is a dark golden as dusk settles around Velaris and the stars peak dimly above you. And on the roof was a blanket and a basket.

'What's this?' he asks glancing sideways at you.

'This is your surprise. I wanted to do something for you because you've worked so hard lately and I know how much you like roast chicken.' You smile up at him and he picks you up, wrapping his arms tightly around you.

'Thank you,' he breathes against your neck. You pull back and kiss him.

'Let's not let the food get cold shall we?' you say after you two broke apart.

He chuckles and you both get comfortable on the blanket. Neither of you talk much during the meal, and after you lie tucked into him, one of his arms wrapped around you. 'Thank you for this, I don't know how I survived all those years without you.' He says.

'I love you Rhysand, don't ever forget that.'

'I love you too.' He says and kisses the top of your head.

You two watch the sunset together and fall asleep under the stars in true Rhysand fashion.

Hey :) so here is a Rhysand imagine. I realised that I have only written one imagine with Rhysand and I felt bad for all our Rhysand lovers so I apologize. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for all the love and support<3

Update again as soon as I can xxx