Rhysand-Pregnancy Announcement

POV: You and Rhys are both High Lord and Lady of the Night Court. One day you find out that you are pregnant and can't wait to tell Rhysand because you both have wanted children for so long...

Tears fall freely from your eyes as you stare down at the positive pregnancy test in your hand.

Pregnant.

You and your mate Rhys have been trying for so long to have a child, and after years of disappointment and negative results, you finally did it. You choke back a happy sob and rise to your feet.

After taking a few moments to recollect yourself and cover your blotchy eyes with make-up, you put on your favorite blue Night Court dress and fly up to the House of Wind where Rhys was working for the day.

You beam at every passing servant and working member of the night court, barely able to contain the emotions your body is trying to process at once.

When you reach the big wooden doors that lead to Rhys's study you pause and take a deep breath. Then you knock.

'Come in.' a muffled voice calls from inside.

You step into the big, open study, and close the door gently behind you, locking it to ensure that you and your mate could have a few moments alone.

Rhys grins as you approach him. 'My, my darling,' he purrs. 'You're practically glowing.'

You match his smile and walk behind his desk to hug him. After a few seconds of embracing his warmth, you pull away and sit on his lap.

'What brings you here?' he asks, brushing a stray strand of hair away from your face.

'I have some news,' you start and bite your lip. 'You know how we've wanted to have a baby for so long?'

His eyes suddenly grow shadowed with sadness and he nods.

'Well...' you take one of his hands and holds it against your stomach, resting yours on top.

His brows furrow as he looks down at your still flat stomach and a similar crease forms between your eyebrows as a tear falls and lands on your hand. 'Rhys?' you say and try to catch his gaze, but he just stares down at your enveloped hands as another tear rolls down his cheek. 'What's wrong baby?'

You ask him and cup his cheek with your free hand forcing him to look at you.

'You're pregnant?' he rasps.

'Yes. Rhysand why are you sad?' you ask him, trying to stomp out the flame of worry building in your stomach.

'I just-I, I don't know if I'm worthy to be a father.' He says quietly.

'What?' you gasp, utterly shocked at his statement. You feel your heart twisting in your chest as you realize why he said that. 'Is this because of your father Rhys?'

He shuts his eyes and nods. 'He was never there for me when I was a boy and after my sister and I were born he treated my mother like a piece of crap. I just-I don't want to be like him.' He says this all with his eyes closed and you shake your head with a small sigh.

'Rhysand. Rhysand look at me,' you say, and he looks at you with the saddest expression that it almost makes you cry yourself. But you would be strong. He needs to hear what you are about to say. 'You are nothing like your father. You have never treated me with anything but the utmost love and care, and I know you will do the same with our baby. Please, Rhys, you have to see that you are different than him! Everything you have ever done has been out of love and a fierce need to protect the once who you cherish with all your heart. And I know that you will teach our child that; you will show them that love and kindness and hope still exist in this world.'

Finally, the side of his mouth twitches upward and he kisses you. 'I love you Y/N,' he says between passionate kisses. 'I don't know what I would do without you.'

You break away, breathless, and look deep into his eyes. 'I love you too Rhys. It's finally happening for us; we're finally going to be parents!' you laugh and feel your eyes prickle with tears. Your mate gently leans down and kisses each of your cheeks. 'There isn't anyone on this whole earth who I would rather do this with than you.' He murmurs and connects his lips with yours. You kiss him back willingly, letting each movement say the words that you both felt.

You were mates, and you would do this together; no matter how hard or what the obstacle, you would make it together.

Together.

Hello everyone! Okay so I have been terrible with updates this month and I'm so sorry. I just have a lot of things going on atm like school and preparing for exams (yay) and also a lot of family drama because we're sick of being in quarantine lol. I'm not making any promises but I am definitely going to try and be more consistent with posting updates. 

For now, my previous updating schedule isn't going to work so ignore it; the same goes for my updating schedule of A Court of Illyrian Hearts. Basically, I'll post whenever I can, as regularly as I can :)

That being said requests are always open! You guys really help with ideas so thank you to everyone who has already put in a request. Any pending requests will be written and posted asap.

Thank you all for the love and support and I hope your weekend is relaxed and happy.

Xxx