Azriel-Birthday Surprise

POV:

You didn't make plans for your birthday hoping that Az would just forget about it, but he had different plans...

Y/N POV

A flutter of soft kisses across your face pulls you from your deep sleep. Slowly, you peel your eyes open and see a face hovering above yours.

'Good morning sweetheart,' Azriel purrs and kisses your nose. 'Sleep well?'

'Mm yes.' You sigh contentedly as he continues to kiss you, his hands gently trailing up your arms. He presses a soft kiss on your mouth.

'So,' he says after you have finished kissing. 'Is there any particular reason why you didn't tell me it was your birthday today?'

You groan. 'I had hoped you wouldn't notice.'

A small smile tugs on his lips. 'Oh yeah? And why is that?'

'Because I don't want to make a fuss.'

His smile disappears. 'Firstly, I'm a spymaster, there's nothing I can't find out; and secondly, you're my mate, you deserve to be fussed over on your birthday, especially if I want to fuss over you.'

Now its your turn to smile. 'Ah spymaster, I didn't know you were capable of fussing over something; always so calm and collected. Am I the one who does this to you?' you tease him.

'Only you.' He leans down and kisses you again. His lips trail down your chin and onto your neck. 'I know exactly what your first birthday treat will be.' He murmurs against your neck. You gasp and feel the heat rise up in you. Maybe this day wouldn't be so bad after all.

LATER THAT DAY

Azriel definitely knew how to fuss over someone. After a slow, heated morning with him, he took you to breakfast at your favourite corner café in Velaris. Then you two had met up with the rest of the Inner Circle at Rhys and Feyre's townhouse. Lots of laughter, cake and a few glasses of wine later Az had pulled you aside and told you it was time to go.

When you had said goodbye to everyone and stepped outside, Azriel had picked you up bridal style and shot into the air.

You giggle, a little tipsy from the wine. 'Why are we flying?' you ask.

'Because I have one last surprise for you. And because the night is clear, the stars will look beautiful, just like you.' He replies and grins.

About half an hour's flight later you find yourself standing on a big, beautiful Illyrian mountain. The stars glow brightly against the dark night sky and you shiver slightly as a cold breeze blows past.

'Y/N...' Azriel's voice calls from behind you. You turn to face him and frown slightly; he's fiddling with his fingers and his cheeks are flushed, he looks...nervous?

'Hey Az.' You walk up to him and kiss his cheek gently. 'Is everything alright?'

'Yes...yes,' he sounds as if he's reassuring himself more than you. 'I want to show you something.'

He gently takes your hand and leads you into the cave he was in moments ago. He leads you through the tunnel and into the large, open space inside.

You gasp.

Candles sit all over the floor and ledges of the cave, setting the cave in a mixture of golden light and shadows. In the center are about six blankets laid on top of each other and countless pillows are strewn about on top of them. A basket sits on the middle of the blankets and two champagne glasses are set beside it.

The air is filled with the sweet scent of vanilla.

Azriel, beside you, says nothing.

You turn to him and grab one of his scarred hands. He looks at you with so much uncertainty that it almost makes your heart break.

'Az...' you choke out.

His features turn into a look of horror. 'I'm so sorry. You hate it don't you? Gods this was a bad idea. Y/N please, I didn't mean to make you cry on your birthday, please please don't cry!'

You shake your head and laugh through your tears. 'I don't hate it Az, I love it! How could you possibly think I would hate it?'

'Well...I don't know, I guess because I've never done anything like this before and you're my mate, I didn't want to ruin your birthday.' He rambles.

You pull him to one of the blankets and you both sit on the comfortable cloth.

'Oh Az,' you say and hug him tight, burying your face in his chest. His arms wrap around you tightly and he kisses your head. 'You did it perfectly, the candles, the blankets, the pillows, the basket; everything looks amazing! And please know that you make my life better, you could never ruin anything for me especially when you put in this much effort.'

You pull away from his embrace and look deeply into his silver-lined eyes.

'I love you Azriel. I love you.'

He smiles. 'I love you too Y/N, so much.'

You return his smile and smash your lips against his. His hands trail your body, one threading through your hair and the other snakes around your stomach and presses against your lower back. Slowly, he lowers you onto the ground, still kissing you. Your back touches the soft fabric and your hands reach behind Azriel, your fingers threading through his hair. He breaks away and stares at you. 'You are so beautiful.'

Your cheeks heat and he leaves a kiss on each of them.

His hand trails from your hair to you neck and down your chest, he starts to undo the laces of your blouse. 'Ready for your last gift?'

Hey, so here is another short story hope you guys liked it :) First update for the year! I'm still working myself up to write something actually spicy but I just couldn't do it this time so that's what you got lol. But anyway I've made a new profile theme for my account because you know, new year new me and all that, also if you want me to write a specific imagine DM me or leave it in the comments. 

Sending love xxx