Azriel-Flying lessons

POV:

You are up in the Illyrian mountains with Azriel who is teaching you flight techniques ( you can summon your wings like Feyre. ) Soon, you find an opportune moment to express your feelings to him, and you can only hope that he feels the same way.

Author's note: I write these really quickly so please just ignore any spelling mistakes or grammar errors :)

Y/N POV

'Ow!' I yell as Azriel pulls out a thorn from my arm. This was the fifth time I had fallen during our training session and my body was starting to hurt. Azriel has tried his best to be patient with me but I can tell he is starting to get frustrated by my lack of improvement.

'Sorry,' he says and yanks the last one out. 'There. Now try again.' 

I sigh and stand up out of the bush. 'Tell me again what I need to do with my arms?'

'Hold them in against your body when you take off, then slowly stretch them out as you fly. That way, you get the right momentum and build muscle in your wings.'

I nod and concentrate. Stretching my wings out, I start to beat them. Up and down, up and down. I tuck my arms in and beat my wings harder, until I'm floating a few feet in the air.

'Good,' says Azriel. 'Now lean forward and go straight ahead.'

I do what he says and lean forward, making my wings work harder than they ever before, and fly forward. I near the edge of the cliff and silently pray to the Cauldron that I don't fall off again. I close my eyes and work harder than ever to keep myself up in the air. When I open them again I am soaring through the air.

'Yes!' I exclaim and turn back towards Azriel on the cliff. But when I do, I don't see him. Stopping mid-flight, I look around. 'Azriel?'

'Well done Y/N,' a voice says from behind me and I turn to see Azriel, hovering next to me in the air. 'All those hours of training are finally paying of.'

'Well I wouldn't be able to do this without your training,' I tell him and smile. 

He returns my smile and says, 'Now that you can fly on your own, I want to show you something.'

He turns and flies toward one of the big, snowy mountains ahead. I follow him as he leads us to a flat space on the top of the mountain and lands just on the edge of where the trees start. Flying at night wasn't a problem because Illyrian's had better eyesight than mortals; although I may or may not have grazed some tree branches due to not being able to turn easily yet. When I reach the mountain I try to land but my feet slip on the wet snow and I fall, sending snow flying everywhere.

I groan as wet, cold snow seeps in through my leathers. Azriel bends down and helps me up.

'We'll work on landings next time,' he says with a small laugh. I shoot him a glare and he stops immediately.

We sit on a nearby log and I turn to face him. 'What did you want to show me?' I ask.

'This.' He says, and points to the sky.

Grey clouds part to reveal a bright, full moon; illuminating the stars. The contrast between the silvery stars and moon to the almost black sky is so intense that I gape. 

'This is where I come when I need to get away from everything,' he says. 'I find it peaceful. It calms my mind.'

I frown. 'Then why show it to me?' I ask. 'Why reveal your calm space?'

He looks at me, his face unmasked. 'Because I trust you.'

We stare at each other for a long moment until I look away, shivering. The snow has seeped thoroughly through my leathers, chilling me to the bone. 'Are you cold?' he asks. 

'No,' I say although it's a lie. 'I'm fine.'

'No you're not,' he replies and takes me in his arms, dark shadows curling around us like a blanket. I freeze, shocked at this show of affection coming from Azriel; but soon I relax as the warmth begins to creep back into my body. 

I look up at his face. His features are in a mixture of light and shade, the shadows accenting his angular features and the light bringing out the hazel in his eyes.

I make up my mind. I'm going to tell him now. There won't be another moment like this, it's now of never.

'Azriel,' I breath.

'Y/N,' his voice is a little shaky.

'I have something I need to tell you,' I say and take a deep breath. 'I love you. I have for a while now and I've just been too afraid to say it out loud. I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same way. And I know that I'm not as pretty or talented as Elain but-'

He cuts me off, pressing his lips against mine. I melt into the kiss and tangle my hands through his dark hair. He puts his hands against my lower back and pulls me closer, deepening the kiss. We pull away after a few minutes, catching our breath.

'Y/N,' he says again. 'You are the only one for me. You have always been the only one for me. I loved you the day I first saw you at the Illyrian War Camp and I have loved you every day since.'

'Why didn't you say anything?' I ask. 

He cups my face with a warm, calloused hand. 'I was also afraid, that you wouldn't see me in the same light as I saw you.'

I feel tears prickle behind my eyes. 'How much time did we waste being afraid?' I say.

He frowns and looks down. 'We can't think like that Y/N,' he says softly. 'All we can think about is now. Right here under the moonlight, with you in my arms; I am happy. I am at peace.'

I put my fingers under his chin and force him to look up at me. 'So am I.' I say. 'I promise I won't ever leave you Azriel.' 

His throat bobs and tears form in his eyes. 'I love you,' I say and wipe away an escaped tear on his cheek, 'I will always love you Azriel.'

'I love you too.' he says, and kisses me.

This became yours and Azriel's favourite place to spend time together or even just to escape from the crazy world. 

Hey guys! So here is the second story, I hope you liked it :) Remember that requests are always open, and you are welcome to share any thoughts you have. I promise I'll update again soon ;)