Cassian - Wedding x

This was requested by both @addisyn190 and iamtheOGuser I am so sorry it took me so long to write this combined request, I'm busy trying to finish my other fanfiction and have a ton of schoolwork to catch up on so things are quite busy at the moment but I hope you guys enjoy it🖤

POV: You and your mate Cassian have decided to finally tie that oh so important knot...

Standing in the shadows of the entrance to the enormous training area at the House of Wind, you stare out at the place you had trained and sweated and bled and cried so many times, bewildered at the transformation that Feyre had somehow made possible.

It was beautiful. All weapons and training gear had been removed, replaced with a few rows of chairs covered with white fabric and tied with a midnight blue sash to represent the court that you and your mate belonged to. Above, countless fairy lights sit around the area of the dome, and rows were strung across the circular area to bedeck it in the most beautiful golden light ever. The stars twinkle beyond the little lights.

Beyond the chairs, filled with various priestesses whom you train with and all members of the Inner Circle, stands your mate. You can't see him clearly from the distance, but he stands on the small dais, one of the Head priestesses behind him, all waiting for you.

'Are you ready?' Azriel asks at your side. You glance at the Shadowsinger, his neatly styled hair, dark tunic and blazing siphons.

'No,' you say. He gives you a puzzled look and you smile. 'But I'm excited and happy. This is...I never dreamed I would ever get this.'

He smiles at you, warm and beautiful. 'Then let's go get you married.'

You glance at your white dress once last time, just to make sure everything is in place, and then tuck your arm around Azriel's warm, muscled one. One step onto the blue runner to lead the way to the dais and you are showered with golden light from above. The lights reflect the tiny diamonds sewn into your dress, about a million of them, curtesy of Rhysand. The wide skirt sways with each step you take closer to your mate, your vows, your future. Everyone turns to look at you as soft Night Court music starts to play from the musicians behind the dais.

'You look like a fairytale princess,' Azriel whispers into your ear.

You glance at him and give a small, shy smile. But you did feel like one, and through your shimmering veil, you can tell everyone else thinks the same.

The music plays on, its elegant tune setting the night in a quiet calm that makes you feel like anything is possible.

You pass the seats, glancing and smiling at your friends, your family. They smile back, Feyre and Mor with tears in their eyes.

And then you're standing before him. Him.

Cassian grins at you, so widely that nothing could possibly wipe it off his face.

You face Azriel, who lifts your long veil over your head, and leaves a gentle kiss on your cheek. He pats his brother on the back and goes to stand next to Elain, your bridesmaid.

And then you were before him. Cassian, beautiful Cassian.

Your mate takes your hands in his strong, scarred ones and rubs his thumbs over the back. He smiles at you, and its enough to get your eyes watering. This was real, your future was happening, and it filled you with such uncontainable joy.

The Priestess starts the ceremony and you and your mate look at her as she speaks all that is sacred between a male and a female.

The time for your vows came and Cassian insisted that he go first: