Flying with the Bat Boys

This was requested by GalaxGalxxx  I hope you like it! This is only for Rhysand and Cassian because I've already written one for Azriel and frankly, I could not come up with another idea for him.

Cassian

'But me down you bastard!' you say while clinging to the Illyrian General for dear life. Wind surrounds you on every open side as your mate soars you through Illyria.

'Stop whining you big baby,' he replies, his laugh bouncing along your skin. 'I've got you, I promised I won't let you go remember?'

It was true: he had promised to hold you tighter than ever before, but being miles up in the air and watching the ground move way to fast beneath you was rattling your nerves like crazy.

'I know Cassian,' you whisper, pressing your face against his neck and shutting your eyes.

'We're almost there sweetheart, I promise.' He presses a kiss on your head.

A few minutes later, you feel Cassian land somewhere icy. You open your eyes and set your feet down on the snowy ground.

'Wow,' you breathe.

All of Illyria was displayed before you, the white crested treetops, the rivers flowing through it, and the setting sun showing off her multicoloured dress for keen eyes to behold.

'Cass I had no idea it would be so beautiful,' you say. Your mate hugs you from behind, throwing a warm spell of power over the two of you to block out the cold. Only your feet were left slightly numb.

'I told you,' he smiles against your neck, prepping it with small kisses. 'Though it really can't compare with your beauty.'

You grin. Maybe flying wasn't so bad after all.

Rhysand

'Ready?' Rhys asks.

You nod, wrapping your arms around your mate's neck as he scoops you up in his strong arms.

Rhysand takes off with a mighty sweep of his wings and soon the night air kisses your face.

Velaris was slumbering this time of night, and as Rhys flies you up and up.

He finally stops mid air and hovers upright. You both gaze up at the wondering stars, some falling across the sky like they do during Starfall, and some flickering in a way that makes it seem as if they were singing some melody unheard by human and fae ears.

You rest your head on Rhysand's shoulder. 'You know you have some of the best ideas.'

You can feel the grin spreading his sensuous mouth. 'Of course Y/N, darling; that's why you love me.'

You move to look him directly in those violet eyes. 'I love you because you see beauty that some don't even bother to look at.'

He smiles. 'Are you aware, that the stars are reflected in your eyes?'

You mirror the expression and bring his soft lips to meet yours. 'To the stars who listen Rhys.'

'And the dreams that are answered, Y/N.' he replies, and you kiss again, just as another bolting star races across the sky.

Dear God it's been long since I've updated! Sorry for that and the fact that this is super short. I'm posting an announcement in the next part to explain my situation a little bit and why it has anything to do with this collection of imagines <3