Azriel-Wedding

This was requested by @GalaxGalxxx I hope you enjoy it!

POV: you and Azriel are mates and have been together for a few months. Finally, he decided to propose to you, and you didn't hesitate one breath before saying yes!

You bristle excitedly as Cerridwen and Nuala help you into the stunning fabric that makes up your wedding gown. It was a simple design, tightly corseted, fanned out just below your waist, and falling to the ground in many layers. The silky fabric had an even prettier shimmer when Nuala tied around a veil-like material around the skirts and Cerridwen pinned roses across the clean cut of your bodice and shoulders.

'You're the most beautiful bride I've ever had the pleasure of dressing,' Nuala says sweetly as she does your hair in a half-up style, and adds smaller roses around the bun. 'Azriel is going to faint when he sees you!'

You laugh amusedly and thank her.

'There,' Cerridwen announces. 'All done.'

You have to admit it, you look beautiful. You looked like the bride you had always dreamed to be, never thinking that you would. 'There's one more thing,' a deep voice calls from behind you making you whip around, worried, for a moment, that it was Azriel. It wasn't. 'Cassian!' you playfully scold him. 'You aren't supposed to see the bride before the wedding, it's bad luck!'

'Doesn't that rule only apply to the groom?' he raises an eyebrow as you walk over to him.

'Maybe, but you can't keep your mouth shut.' You tease him. He mocks hurt. 'Well, what do you think?' you ask him as you twirl to give him the full look, your skirt fans out around you and you almost laugh with happiness.

Cassian stares at you, unblinkingly, as you catch his arm to keep your balance. 'What's wrong?' you ask, concerned at his sullen demeanor.

'Nothing,' he chokes out and you quickly pull him in for a hug, careful of your accessories. 'You look absolutely beautiful Y/N, Azriel is going to fall to his knees.' He pulls back slightly, and you see tears lining his eyes.

'Hey hey,' you softly wipe away a stray tear. 'Why the tears?'

Cassian takes a deep breath and smiles. 'Because you two deserve each other. I've known Azriel for over five hundred years, and in all that time he never thought he would find someone who would truly love him. It killed me because I knew there was someone out there, someone who would look beyond the scars and bruises and see the man beneath; I just didn't know it would be you. It makes me happy that Az finally found his happiness, and that you are part of our family because of it. I love you like a sister Y/N.'

By the time Cassian has finished, you can feel the tears prickle in your eyes and you desperately try to blink them back before you start crying too. 'I'm glad to be part of this family Cassian, I know that I belong here, with all of you, and you're right; I love every part of Azriel, all the bruises and scars included.'

You two hug for another long moment before pulling away and smiling. 'I have something for you,' Cassian says and pulls out a shiny blue stone attached to a delicate chain from his leathers. 'This is the first siphon Azriel ever used until his power got too strong for it to be wielded through this small one. I've kept it safe for years, hoping to give it to the girl who would one day marry my brother and make him happy. Will you wear it Y/N?'

You smile and nod as another wave of emotion prevents you from speaking. Cassian walks behind you and clasps the necklace around your neck. The siphon wasn't very big, only about the size of an egg, but it glowed when you put it on as if it knew you.

'Right,' Cassian says. 'We should get going, after all, you wouldn't want to be late for your own wedding.' He winks and you laugh as Cassian winnows you to Feyre and Rhys's estate on the riverbank. The sun was setting, leaving behind golden light dancing over the rainbow Sidra. The garden was decorated with white lilies and small lights, with bigger lanterns showing the path to the house where the celebration will occur. It was all so beautiful.