Azriel and Cassian - Babysitting

POV: You take Feyre shopping and leave Cassian and Azriel to babysit Nyx.

'And you're sure you can do this?' You ask your mate as he helps you into your coat.

'You're such a stress head,' Cassian replies smirking.

You quirk an eyebrow at him, ever the cynic. 'Last time I trusted you alone at home you set the kitchen on fire.'

He crosses his arms. 'It was one bread loaf, not the whole kitchen. And besides, I had it under control.'

You sigh. 'Fine. But if anything happens you let us know right away.'

'Yes yes,' Cassian laughs and kisses your forehead. 'You're so cute when you're stressed.'

You laugh and he kisses your lips. Hard.

'Cass,' you say breathlessly after forcing him away. 'Not now, Azriel and Feyre will be here soon.'

He gives you a disappointed pout, but you just laugh and kiss him again. Just as you pull away for air a knock comes at the door. 'You ready?'

He grins. 'Spending a night with my nephew? You bet I am.'

You chuckle and go to open the door.

'Y/N!' Feyre pulls you in for a hug. 'I'm so excited for tonight! You have no idea how much I need this break.'

You hug her back. 'So am I! And you deserve it after all you've done for this Court over the past few weeks.'

You pull away and bend down to greet baby Nyx clinging to his mother. He was slow in learning to walk and talk for a six-month-old, only the occasional 'dada' that made Rhys positively glow with delight. But he had a full head of hair, dark and slightly wavy like his Fathers. And blue-grey eyes just like his mother.

'Hey baby boy,' you coo, and he giggles.

You turn around to see Azriel and Cassian talking quietly. Azriel looks vexed. 'You aren't worried are you?' You cross your arms in amusement. 'After all, he's just a baby; nothing too much for the General and Spymaster of the Night Court to handle?'

They straighten up and clear their throats. Oh yeah, they were nervous as hell.

'Don't worry,' Feyre says as she hands Nyx over to Azriel who looks at her as if she just put a ticking bomb in his hands. 'We'll come back if you need us. Here is a list of things you need to do before he can sleep, everything is in this bag,' she shrugs it off her shoulder and hands it to Cassian. 'And don't give him any solid food.'

Cassian nods. 'We've got this, you girls go have some fun.'

You move to give your mate one last kiss and walk out the door with Feyre before they can change their minds.

'I feel bad for them, they looked so nervous.' Feyre says.

You grin. 'Don't worry, if this night ends up being hell for them, I'm sure we can find a way to make it up to them. But as of right now, you and I are going to have some well-earned fun.'

* * *

'Uh Azriel? What do I do with this?' Cassian asks from the kitchen. From the couch in the living room, Azriel looks over and shrugs unhelpfully. 'You've got to have some idea!'

'How many spoons does it say on the list?' Azriel asks as he rocks Nyx. He may appear relaxed to a stranger, but Cassian knew that his brother was focusing on keeping his breathing even so as not to panic.

'It says you add three and a half spoons to the bottle once the water is heated.' Cassian reads off Feyre's list. 'But how hot is 'heated'?'

'Try warming it with your powers,' Azriel suggests as Nyx shifts in his arms. 'But do it fast, he looks hungry.'