Azriel-Sick Spymaster

This was requested by @delanee415 I hope you like it :)

POV:

Azriel misses a day at work because he's sick but he doesn't tell you and you find out when you arrive home from work.

Y/N POV

You close the door to your apartment and lean against it sighing. Today had been exhausting. There was an emergency meeting held in the House of Wind concerning the final preparations for Winter Solstice; and apparently they had run out of banners and gift wrap. Feyre had given you special orders to find more, and you had ended up going all the way to the Dawn Court to get some. You loved working with Feyre and Rhys despite all the the constant stress.

Kicking off your shoes you make your way to your and Azriel's bedroom and freeze when you see him sprawled out among the sheets. He had still been sleeping when you left which was weird but you just assumed he would start his day an hour or two later. 

You drop your bag on the floor and make your way to the bed. He isn't wearing a shirt and the layer of sweat on his skin is visible. Putting your hand gently on his arm you whisper, 'Azriel.' He doesn't respond and you lightly shake him. 'Az,' but he just continues to sleep. Pulling away, you feel his forehead. It's burning. He must be sick, you think.

Digging through the cupboard in the bathroom you find some medicine and get a damp cloth for his head; you sit on the edge of the bed and gently put the cloth on Azriel's head. His eyes open and you can see how exhausted they look.

'Y/N,' he says and you cup his face.

'Hey Az,'

'When did you get home?' his voice is soft and gravelly.

'Just now. Why didn't you tell me you were sick? I would have stayed at home.' You say.

'I know how hard you've been working on the preparations for the Solstice and I didn't want to pull you away from that.' he replies.

'Oh Azriel,' you say and feel your heart tighten. 'You are more important to me than anything else in this world.'

He closes his eyes and smiles, leaning into your palm.

'Don't ever take a sick day without telling me again, okay?' you say.

'Okay,' he mumbles and you wet the cloth again and put it back onto his forehead. 'I'll be right back.' you tell him and walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

As you fill the glass of water for Azriel there is a knock at the door. When you open it you find Mor and Cassian waiting outside. 'Where is he?' Cassian asks by way of greeting. 'He didn't come to work today.' Your heart warms at the concerned look on Cassian's face. 'He's not feeling well,' you reply. 'He's upstairs Cassian, you can go see him.' Cassian pushes past you and plants a kiss on your cheek before disappearing up the stairs.

'Let me guess, he didn't tell you he was sick until you came home?' Mor says and you open the door for her to come inside. 

'Yeah, some excuse about not wanting to pull me away form all the work I'm doing for Solstice.' You say and she laughs.

'Illyrians,' she says. 'Stubborn bastards,' 

You laugh fetching the glass of water and join Mor on the stairs to the bedroom.

Inside you find Cassian sitting on a chair by Azriel's side, giving his friend a disapproving look. Azriel, sitting upright in the bed, looks like a scolded puppy. 

'I hope you're not being too hard on him,' you tell Cassian. 'After all, he is sick.'

'Well he wouldn't be this sick if he had just told us that he was feeling ill. I could have brought some things from Madja!' Cassian exclaims and Mor walks over and rubs his shoulders. 'Calm down General,' she says. 'You're giving me a headache.' Cassian humphs but shuts his mouth.  

'Here,' you hand Azriel the glass of water and medicine. 'Drink this.' He obediently takes it drinks the whole thing. 

'I'm sorry I didn't tell you,' he says to Cassian, who looks only mildly upset now. Cassian nods his head, showing his forgiveness. 'Just don't do it again,' he tells Azriel. 'You really scared me.'

Azriel nods and Mor leans down and kisses Cassian on the cheek. 'You're such a mother hen.' She says to him. Azriel and I laugh earning a glare from Cassian.

'Alright,' you announce. 'this Spymaster needs his rest; everybody out.' 

Cassian takes his brothers hand and pats him on the back and Mor leans down to hug Azriel before they both leave the room. 

'I'll be right back.' you whisper in Azriel's ear and give him a quick kiss.

You hold open the front door for Mor and Cassian to leave when he turns to you. 'Please make sure he's better by Solstice.'

'Oh relax Cassian,' Mor says. 'If there's anyone who can take care of Azriel it's Y/N. You'll get to have your snowball fight.' 

Cassian gives her an annoyed look and you can't help but smile. 'See you guys later.' You say and close the door.

You quickly prepare some soup for Azriel and scoop some into a bowl for you too. ( author's note: yes it's soup, and no you will not be getting another ch 55 lol ) You set the bowls on a tray along with some bread and more water.

Back in your room, you sit next to Azriel on the bed and balance the tray between the two of you. The meal is silent, Azriel falling asleep right after, and when you had finished you take the tray downstairs and wash the dishes. After finishing with that you go into your bathroom and get ready for bed, fishing out some more medicine from the cupboard and placing it on the nightstand beside Azriel's side of the bed. He stirs and grabs your hand. 'Sorry I didn't mean to wake you,' you give him an apologetic look. 

'It's alright,' he says. 'I want to cuddle you.'

Your heart twists seeing his vulnerable side and you quickly switch off the lights, and slide into the bed next to Azriel. Immediately he wraps his arms around you, burying his face in your chest. You bring your fingers to his hair and gently massage his scalp, earning and approving groan. 

'Are you feeling any better?' you ask him quietly in the darkness.

'I started to about ten seconds ago, when I got you in my arms.'

You smile and kiss his head.

'Well, you're gonna have to get better quickly,' you say. 'Cassian will never forgive you if you miss the snowball fight.'

He laughs quietly but gets cut off with a cough. 

'Rest well my love,' you tell him and soon feel him relax. 'I love you.'

'I love you too.' he replies, and you both drift off into a deep, peaceful sleep. 

Hey guys, so that was the requested Azriel fluff imagine. Thank you to @delanee415 for the request, I had a lot of fun writing this one! Comment which characters and scenarios you would like to see next :) xxx