Chapter 17: The Changes Between Them

A/N [in a sing-songy voice] I'm Back. Sorry for the very long wait for a new chapter my fellow Potterheads and wonderful readers. I've been a bit obsessed with NCIS and its fanfiction of the time being as well as focused on my classes. That being said, after this chapter, it might be a while before I find another chance to finish and publish the next one. It isn't complete just yet, but it's getting there. I'm thinking 2 or 3 more chapters after this one, but we will see what happens when I get inspired. Now on with the story. 😊

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

They had all just been dropped off on Platform 9 ¾ by James' parents. They had helped them get their things onto the train before saying goodbye to them all. They hoped to see Jasmine and Lily again sometime soon. And the girls promised to stop by sometime over the summer if they could.

Aboard the train, the four would have went their separate ways just then, but Lily didn't leave them. Instead, Lily walked and talked with all three of them until they reached the Marauders' usual compartment. She had insisted that she didn't need to find her friends right away. Lily didn't mind tagging along with them, especially if it gave her more time with her cousin, or so she claimed as her excuse. So, Lily had went along with the boys and her cousin to find the two missing Marauders in their compartment, with Jasmine holding Sirius' hand the entire way there.

Upon reaching the compartment, the three of them said their goodbyes to Lily before they entered the compartment together. At this point, Jaz had dropped Sirius' hand that she had been holding on their walk to the compartment. The reason for this being that Jasmine and Sirius, or as James had been calling them "Sazzy", had talked about telling the rest of the other two boys the previous night. They both decided they would definitely tell them on the train ride back to Hogwarts, but them being the people that they were, they were going to have a little fun with it. They were pranksters after all, so of course they weren't going to straight up tell the others that they were dating now. So, "Sazzy" had come up with a brilliant plan to drop a bunch of hints around the two boys until they figured it out (or something like that). They did make sure to tell James about their plan, so that he wouldn't mess it up.

James, though, had a different plan. He would let the couple do their plan until they fell asleep, which James knew they would. They were up late last night.... talking. James only knew this because he had gotten up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. He happened to pass their rooms on his way to the kitchen, and he could hear them talking in Sirius' room. He is pretty sure nothing happened, otherwise he would probably kick Sirius' ass. Jasmine was like a sister to him, so no matter the fact that Sirius was his best friend and practically his brother, he would not tolerate it if he hurt her. Plus, Lily would help him kick Sirius' ass.

Anyway, James had a plan of his own that once the two fell asleep on the train ride, they would definitely get all cuddly and coupley and cutesy and stuff. Obviously, their other friends would notice, so that was when James planned to tell them all about how the plan they had come up with, as well as anything the two of them had left out when they told the other boys about their breaks. And this is exactly what would have happened on the Hogwarts Express that day, but alas, both of their plans fell through.

Upon entering the compartment, Jasmine and Sirius began initiating their own plan. They sat on the same side together, while James sat next to Remus who was sitting next to Peter on the other side of the compartment. Once they were all settled, Sirius and Jasmine went about executing their plan, but it didn't last long when the topic of what happened over break came up.