Chapter 3: The Sorting

A/N Okay guys, quick tangent. I have like the next several chapters (up to 6ish chapters) planned out to some extent. This means that when I do end up having the time to write more of this story again, it probably won't take me as long as the first two chapters took me to write (each took me a day). Therefore, more updates or quicker updates when I have/find the time to write which probably won't be until at least December, but maybe I will find the time somewhere before then. Also, this is a bit shorter than the other two chapters, but I hope you still enjoy it ​​​​​​.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

Jasmine was so happy to finally be at the school that her cousin talked so fondly to her about in the many letters she sent to her. She couldn't wait to explore it inside and out like she had at Beauxbatons Academy. It was an exciting opportunity that she was being presented.

Getting off the train, Jasmine already decided that she was going to take the carriages to the castle, but she was not going to ride with Lily. She was still a little pissed off at Lily's actions earlier on the train. In order to avoid Lily from dragging her away from the boys, she tried to hide among the boys, but since Lily knew she would be with them, she managed to catch up to them.

"Mina wait up! I thought that you were going to ride with me in the carriages," Lily yelled to Jasmine

They all stopped in order for Lily to catch up to them. "I was Lils, until you pulled that stunt earlier." Jasmine had already explained to the Marauders, which they told her was what they called themselves, what happened with Lily earlier. Remus was understanding about it, but James and Sirius thought it was funny. They stopped laughing when Jasmine glared at them though.

Lily gave Jasmine a guilty look. "I'm sorry, Mina, but I just don't want you getting mixed up with the likes of Sirius and James. Remus is okay, and I don't really know Peter, but he seems okay. I'm just trying to look out for you Mina."

While Jasmine and Lily continued their argument on their way to the carriages, the four Marauders were having their own conversation about Jasmine. They were discussing whether they should let Jasmine become a Marauder. They, mainly James and Sirius, weren't quite sure if she was up to par to be a Marauders. After much disagreement over the topic, they decided to see if she was worthy after she helped them pull a prank this term. She had said on the train that she wanted in on their next prank. So, the boys agreed that if Jasmine helped them pull of an amazing prank, they would invite her to join them in the Marauders. They had already decided to pull a prank with in the first few weeks, so they would just need to let Jasmine know.

By the time they reached the carriages, the boys had wrapped up their discussion and Lily and Jasmine had come to an agreement. Lily, begrudgingly, agreed to just ride in the carriage with the Marauders. There was just enough room for all of them, so they all managed to fit.

The ride up to the castle was almost silent, if it had not been for James continually trying to flirt with Lily. She ignored all of his advances, while Jasmine and Sirius were trying and failing to keep from laughing at James' attempts at "flirting," if it could even be called that. They ended up completely failing and breaking out into laughter by the time they reached the castle. James just brushes off the laughter. He doesn't entirely care if he looks foolish. He was trying to gain Lily's attention, so if looking foolish is what it took, then so be it.

By the time, they reached the Great Hall, Jasmine and Sirius has stopped laughing. Jasmine had stopped when she saw the castle for the first time. She was staring around her in awe. It was gorgeous. Beauxbatons Academy was still a better-looking school to her, but Hogwarts was still pretty amazing. By now Lily had left them in favor of her friends over the Marauders. She was disappointed to have not spent more time with Jasmine, but she would see her plenty during the school year. She also didn't think Jasmine's friendship with the Marauders would last after her cousin saw how James and Sirius treated other students.