Chapter 11: The Christmas Invitation

A/N Originally this chapter was going to be part of Chapter 10, but I decided to split the chapter apart because of the fact that Chapter 10 got really long. Also, as I started to outline what I wanted to do for this part, I came up with a lot of ideas. I feel that this would be better off as its own chapter. Anyway, enjoy this chapter my wonderful readers.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

Soon November rolled around. At the beginning of the month everyone was talking about the Hogsmeade weekend. It was the first weekend of November and everyone was excited, particularly James. He had been planning something for several weeks when he realized there would be a Hogsmeade weekend coming up. Though as he began to plan his scheme, James realized that he would need some help. So, James asked Remus and Peter for help.

Flashback

The two boys that James was looking for were sitting in the common room. They were both working on homework. James was glad that his best friend was not with them. It would be better this way since the plan involved Sirius.

James walked right up to the two and said, "Hey, Moony, Wormtail." They both looked up to see what James wanted. "I'm planning something, and I need your help."

Peter spoke up before James could continue. "Shouldn't we get Jasmine and Sirius if we are planning another prank?"

James shook his head. "No. This isn't about a prank. I'm actually planning something involving Jazzy and Pads. I realized that I can't do it alone, so can I count on you guys to help?"

It was during this part that Lily had passed by them and overheard what James had said about planning something involving her cousin and Sirius. So, to find out what James could possibly be planning for her cousin, Lily interjected herself into the conversation. "Potter, what are you planning on doing? You better not be planning on hurting my cousin or I will end you."

James jumped back a bit in surprise. He hadn't seen Lily, so her voice had surprised him. "Oh, um, hey Evans. I'm not planning anything, especially not with your cousin."

"Drop the act Potter. I overheard you just now. I know you are planning something. You might as well just tell me." Lily really hoped that he wasn't planning on pranking her cousin. She didn't want to hurt him. She still couldn't stand James Potter, but over the past several months of term she had also noticed the changes in him as well. He wasn't so much of a bully as he was before. He was also more tolerable for Lily, but that didn't in anyway mean that she would willingly go out with him anytime soon.

"Fine, Evans, but you better not tell your cousin. I can't have my plan being ruined." Then James turned to the boys. "I can count on your help, right guys?" Both boys nodded. He motioned for Lily to sit down next to Remus so that he could inform them about his plan. After Lily took a seat, James continued, "Okay, so I don't know if any of you have noticed, but we need to get Jazzy and Pads together. My plan..."

Before James could continue with his plan, Lily interrupted. "I want in."

"What?"

"I want in on your plan. Despite the fact that I still can't stand you Potter, I also think that Black and Mina would be good for each other. So, I'm helping with this plan whether you like it or not." Lily was the only one who really knew that truly the two would be good together. She was the only one that knew about both Jasmine's family and about Sirius' family. So, Lily knew that they would be good for each other as well as help as they healed.