Chapter 4: Pranking with the Marauders [and Classes]

A/N This was going to be a filler chapter, but then it ended up being much longer than I thought it would be. Enjoy this long chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

The next morning, Jasmine was woken up by Lily. Once Jasmine was up and out of her bed, she saw that the rest of the girls were still asleep. She gave Lily a questioning glance to which Lily shrugged in response. Then the two girls changed into their robes. By the time they were both up and ready to go to breakfast, the other girls were awake and getting ready. They told us to go on without them and that they would meet us down in the Great Hall.

Jasmine had decided last night that she would eat breakfast with Lily after she spend most of last night with the Marauders. She felt that it was only fair, too bad the boys didn't see it that way. Lily and Jasmine had just sat down to breakfast when Jasmine felt someone sling their arm over her shoulder. She turned and saw Sirius. Then she heard James greet them. "Good morning, Jazzy, Lily-Pad."

Lily gave him a look of disgust before responding. "It was until you showed up Potter," she snapped at him.

"Feisty this morning, Evans. I like it." James smirked. All he got was a grimace in response as Lily started ignoring them. Then he took a seat next to Sirius who was sitting next to Jasmine. On Jasmine's other side was Lily and James didn't dare try and sit next to Lily. He wanted to live through the day. 

Jasmine turned toward James and Sirius, who's arm was still slung across her shoulders, and spoke to them. "What are you guys doing?"

"Well, love, we are sitting down to breakfast. What does it look like we are doing?" Sirius told her.

Jasmine facepalmed. "I meant why are you sitting here?" Jasmine clarified.

"Sitting with our new best friend of course," James told the girl as he piled food onto his plate.

Jasmine groaned. "Ugh. Guys, I know that we just met and everything, but I wanted to spend this morning with Lily, just Lily." She emphasized the last part, but she realized it was useless. The boys were no longer paying her any attention.

Jasmine didn't mind the Marauders sitting with them, but she knew that Lily minded, a lot. And right now, Jasmine didn't need a pissed off Lily. She really just wanted to enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast with her cousin and only her cousin. Jasmine has been enjoying her time with the Marauders, but she felt slightly guilty about breaking her promise to Lily. Jasmine wanted to make it up to her by having breakfast with just her this morning, but the boys ruined that plan.

While the boys were immersed in their own conversations, Jasmine took the chance to whisper something to Lily. "I'm sorry, Lils. I didn't expect that they would want to sit with me. I really just wanted to sit with you and the girls. If you want, we can get up and move or I can try to get them to leave."

Whispering back Lily said, "No, it's okay, Mina. I know it's not your fault. I'm sorry too for how I acted yesterday. I don't like that you are friends with them, but I know I went a little bit overboard yesterday. I just want to protect you Mina. You've been through so much already. I don't want to see you hurt again." Jasmine gave her a grateful smile.

Soon the other three girls joined them across the table, just as schedules were being passed out. The girls gave a sideways glance to the Marauders sitting next to Jasmine, but otherwise ignored them. As each received their schedule, they started comparing when their classes that they had were. That was when the Marauders joined back into the conversation. She heard them groan about having potions with Slytherins yet again.