Chapter 9: Birthday Forgiveness

A/N So, I'm going to warn you. This chapter starts out kind of happy, but man does it get heavy. I hope you all still enjoy it.

Warning: Mentions of Child abuse possible ahead.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

The first month of summer was an interesting one for Jasmine. This was the first time ever that Jasmine was going to spend the entire summer with Lily. She wouldn't be just seeing Lily once this summer. Instead, she would be spending the entire summer with her. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, Jasmine would have to wait and see. For all Jaz knew, she could get sick of Lily by the end of the summer. Jasmine didn't actually think she would, but time would tell.

So, throughout June, Jasmine spent all of her time with Lily. There were a few times that they were even allowed to have sleepovers with Alice, Marian, and Mary. They usually had the sleep overs at one of the other girls houses because of the fact that the girls didn't want Petunia to make a surprise visit home and interrupt their sleepover. They also didn't want to risk Petunia saying something that might hurt one the other girls. It was just a chance that Lily and Jasmine were willing to take even though Petunia was rarely home anymore.

Besides all the sleepovers and spending time with Lily, Jasmine has been getting a ton of mail, mainly by owl. Most of this incessant owl mail was coming from James. Each letter was one apology after another. He just wouldn't stop. Jasmine wasn't necessarily surprised with the number of letters he was sending, but she was surprised that she wasn't getting as many from Sirius. Jasmine was still getting apology letters from Sirius, but they weren't coming everyday like James' letters were. Jasmine found this strange, especially since she knew that Sirius had an owl. Although, Jasmine wasn't sure if it was his parents doing of something that was stopping him. She really didn't know much about Sirius' home life since he rarely talked about it.

These letters, despite how often they were coming, played a role in Jasmine forgiving the boys. At first, Jasmine wouldn't even read the letters because of how pissed off she still was. However, as the summer went on and Jaz got more letters from the boys, her anger began to fade away. By the time her birthday, July 18th, rolled around, Jasmine forgave both boys for their actions from the previous term.

With Jasmine's birthday coming up, Jasmine wanted to ask the Marauders if they wanted to come over for her birthday. She was going to really need them there to distract her. Despite how much she loved Lily as well as her aunt and uncle, spending her birthday with them would only remind Jasmine of what happened last year on her 15th birthday. And Jasmine did not want to spend her birthday thinking of her mother. She needed a distraction, and she knew the boys could provide such a distraction

The only problem with Jasmine's plan was that she didn't know how she was going to contact all of them (she already asked her aunt and uncle for permission, and they said it would be okay). It wasn't like they had given her their addresses so that she could mail them all an invitation. Even if they did, Jasmine didn't really think that sending the postman to James' house or Sirius' house was the best idea.

So, as Jasmine sat pondering how she could possibly send invitations to all the boys, another apology letter from James came. It was at that moment that an idea occurred to Jasmine. She would just ask James if she could use his owl to send the invitations.

Jasmine went and quickly found some parchment to write on. She wrote:

James,
Please stop sending apology letters. I forgive both you and Sirius, but it better not happen again or else.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could borrow your owl for a few days. I don't have any way of contacting the other Marauders and I want to invite them to come over for my birthday on the 18th of July. Of course, you are invited as well, Prongs. So, I would really appreciate it if you would just lend me your owl, just for a few days. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jaz