Chapter 14: The Magic of Christmas

A/N Ah yes. Another new chapter. I feel like I was meant to wait this long to post this chapter now. I mean the fact that it is December now and Christmas is actually coming up, it just seems fitting to write this chapter (as well as the next two) now. Anyway, I would like to warn you all that this chapter is now very dialogue heavy at times. I just felt it better to describe their Christmas gifts than to use dialogue to do so. But I am sorry if you wanted more dialogue. Enjoy 😊

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

When Jasmine woke up the next day, she was surprised to see that she was in her room in her bed. The last thing that she remembered was that she was enjoying her boyfriend's warmth and hold, which probably meant that she fell asleep on him. She was thankful that he had taken her to bed though. She didn't know what she would have done if she had woken up on the couch still asleep on Sirius. It would have been nice, sort of like her dream, but it also would have been a bit embarrassing. She wasn't embarrassed of Sirius, but more the fact that she had fallen asleep on him. He was just so comfy and warm, and she couldn't help herself in the end. Well, it all worked out in the end anyway.

Once Jasmine got her thoughts collected, she realized that it was Christmas morning. This realization caused her shoot out of her bed. She rushed down the stairs and completely forgot that she probably should have checked the time before she got out of the bed. Luckily, it didn't matter because most everyone else was already up. They were all in the kitchen eating breakfast. Sirius was the first one to see her.

"Mare!" Sirius exclaimed when he looked over to see who had entered the kitchen. Then Sirius got up and left James in the middle of the story he was telling in order to properly greet his girlfriend. This happened to be with a peck on the lips and a hug.

"Good morning, Pads." Jaz greeted her boyfriend. "Happy Christmas." Then she gave him her own peck on the lips before escaping his embrace in favor of getting some food for herself. Sirius pouted a bit when she left him, but he knew that he couldn't keep her in his arms all morning. She needed breakfast at some point obviously. Also, they wouldn't open their presents until after everyone had had breakfast. And since Jaz was the last one to get up, they would have to wait until she finished her food so that they could open their gifts.

While Jasmine went and got some breakfast (it was homemade chocolate chip pancakes), Sirius retook his seat next to James, who was glaring at him. Sirius didn't notice the stare, or more like he ignored the stare. "So, you were saying?" Sirius asked James encouraging to pick up his story from where he left off.

"No." James was still pissed that Sirius left in the middle of the story. Don't get him wrong, he is so happy for his best mate and Jaz (who was basically his sister), but that didn't mean he was okay with Sirius getting up with no warning in the middle of a story that James was telling him. That was not okay. He could have at least excused himself to say good morning to his new girlfriend. But really did James really expect anything different from Sirius. That boy was already whipped, and they had only just started dating. Though James knew he was whipped before they even got together, or at least as "whipped" as he could be while still keeping secrets from Jasmine.

Plus, James knew that continuing his story was pointless. Once Jasmine came and sat next to Sirius, James would lose his best mate's attention. It was a fruitless action to try and continue his story when he knew Sirius would stop paying attention once Jaz came and sat with them.

"No? What do you mean no, Prongs?" Sirius was a bit stunned that his best mate was still mad about his actions. He knew him better than anyone, so what he just did should not have really surprised James but yet it had. Or at least it had pissed him off. Sirius wasn't about to apologize though, well until Jaz came and sat next to them. Sirius hadn't originally noticed the girl because he was so focused on why the hell James was still so pissed at him.