Chapter 20: Until Next Year

Chapter 20: Until Next Year (LAST CHAPTER)

A/N Well, this is it. That last chapter of a story I have wanted to write for a few years now. And man has it been such a great feeling hearing how much you all enjoyed it. It has truly inspired me to actually write more and publish/upload some of my other fanfiction that I have written for myself over the years as well as finish the ones that I never finished. So, I want to say thank you guys for the support and encouragement that has come from your words or you just following and reading my story. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this last chapter and the rest of the story as much as I enjoyed writing the whole story.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter characters or anything Harry Potter related. I do own the OC Jasmine and the plot of this story.

Jasmine didn't forget about what Sirius had mumbled a few days ago about for once being useful. She couldn't have forgotten it even if she tried. It had been plaguing her mind ever since. And she really wanted to talk to Sirius about it, but they had been so busy with their ideas and homework she still hadn't found the right time to bring it up to him.

Three days had passed before Jasmine finally found her opportunity to confront Sirius about what he had said. She was finally able to get him alone, not a single one of the other boys in sight, even Peter. Peter not being around wasn't exactly new, but Jasmine hadn't realized he was gone a lot of the time recently until a couple of days ago. It made her wonder why he was gone so much. "Maybe he's the one with the secret." Jasmine thought about it and realized that Peter had been spending a lot less time with them. But she put a stop to those thoughts because even if Peter did have a secret, she couldn't worry about that right now. She would figure it out after confronting Sirius.

Anyway, Jasmine finally got Sirius alone in the Marauders' dorm. And there is where she confronted him. "Hey, Pads," Jasmine greeted gently.

Sirius was lying down on his bed attempting to read a book (which he was failing at) when he heard Jasmine's voice. He immediately closed the book and sat up on his bed. He gestured for her to come sit down on the bed too. "Hey, Mare. What's up?" Sirius glanced at her face and knew something was wrong. "Oh, no. What's wrong, love? Did I forget an anniversary or something? It hasn't even been six months yet. Did you want to celebrate three months because I'm sorry if you did and I missed it?"

Jasmine just managed to get a word it over Sirius rambling worry. "Pads, Padfoot. This has nothing to do with our relationship, at least I don't think it should."

Sirius immediately stopped his rambling. "Really?" Sirius let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God. I was worried there for a minute that I forgot something. I really thought I had somehow messed this up."

"Aww, Pads." Jasmine snuggled into Sirius to comfort him and show him that she was still here. "Something like that would not be the end of this relationship. I really like you Sirius and that won't be changing any time soon." Jaz gave her boyfriend a big smile and a kiss on the cheek. Which resulted in a blush spreading across Sirius' cheeks and a grin growing on it. "Anyway, what I really want to talk to you about Pads, was the fact that the other day when Remus and I were explaining why we told you the secret I heard what you said under your breath. And I hope you know that is in no way true. You, Sirius Black, will always be needed by me. You are the only one who really understands and gets what I went through with my mom, so whether we are dating or not, I will always need you in my life Sirius. You are not useless."

Tears sprung up in Sirius' eyes during Jasmine's speech. He hadn't meant for her to have heard that when he said it, but he was glad that he had. It really helped him to know that he wasn't actually useless like his parents claimed that he was. He meant something to at least someone.