Chapter 30

Your bump had grown over the moths since Loki had died. You were sad that he was not there to look down at you with adoration. He would not be there to watch your child grow up and he would not be there when you grew old but you also knew, he would never really be away since he was always with you in your heart.

The sun was setting behind the Bifrost as you sat in one of the windows, working on a new dress. Your hands lowered with the midnight blue fabric in them as you thought of your beloved Prince again. As Thor went back to get him, he found nothing but dust. Probably he had turned into dust as all frost giants do when they die. Your gaze wandered to the big statue of him in the gardens. To honor him, Odin had let them it set up so no one would ever forget him. Tears pricked in your eyes. You missed him more than words could describe.

A salty drop rolled down your cheek as small green glittering particles flew by, swirling in the light breeze after they had passed you. They became more and light, green fog came with them. It looked pretty and made you curious. Your hands folded the soft fabric and you looked up.

The green fog came from around a corner and so you started to follow it. It lead you down a corridor to one of the balconies that were partly illuminated when the sun went to sleep. As you stepped out into the red light, the green glim disappeared. You looked down into the garden below. It was Loki's favorite place to be in the morning. You signed, remembering that this was no more and would never come back.

A sound caught your attention and you spun around. In the shadow, there was the lanky form of a tall person. You reached for your stylus, ready to protect yourself. Your other hand placed itself protectively over your bump. You couldn't see it that clear since the dress covered your curves.

"So he said the truth," a familiar voice said, sending a shiver down your spine. The person in the shadow stepped into the light and your heart stopped. You blinked rapidly, not being able to believe what you saw. Standing there was the one you and everyone else thought was dead.

"You- you are dead. Thor saw you die and you turned into- this can't be true. I must be dreaming. I-" you were cut off as he reached to brush a curl behind your ear. Tears spilled from your eyes.

"Loki," you breathed. He really was back but where has he been?

"Where were you? We thought you were dead," you asked, whipping the tears from your face. Loki looked down for a moment before muttering "I was." It was nearly unbearable but you still understood.

"Then how-" you asked, stepping closer to him. His green eyes looked into yours. They were lightly stained with red but his orbs were as green and shiny as always.

"I was dead; or near to it. Thor was dragged away by the others. I wanted to use the power I had remained to reach out for him but I couldn't. I was too far from life already. Then I thought of you and my heart broke that I could never hold you in my arms again. And then I thought of what Thanos had whispered to me. He said you were awaiting my child and that was the point my magic acted on its own will. It was like a fire burned in me after it seeped into my side where your rune sits. It saved my life but I still was hurt badly. An old woman found me two days later, caring for me till I was vivid enough to teleport back here. It was a long process but I wanted to come back to you," he explained, guilty shining in his eyes to the end.

"I promised to come back and I swore to keep my promises," he spoke low as if his actions were wrong.

"Oh god, Loki," you breathed as you jumped nearly at the man, wrapping him in a tight hug. The Prince did the same not wanting to let her go again.

"Lady (Y/N- Loki?" Thor's voice called but he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Brother!" the God boomed as he ran up to the pair.

"You are alive!" The rest of the castle soon knew that the young Prince was not dead but very much alive and happiness filled everyone's faces as they heard.

13.1.2021