Chapter 11

It had now been two weeks since the movie night and today Loki and you would not join the other Avengers in the common room. Tony had told you about a vernissage from your favorite artist and now you were about to hop into the shower to get ready.

"(Y/N)?" Loki's voice rang out behind you and you wrapped your towel around your body before turning to face the door.

"Yes?" you replied casually. Loki had peeked his head through the door and was covering his eyes with his hand.

"Loki, what do you want?" you asked, a small smile on your lips.

"Umm... Where- where are we going again?" You signed softly.

"We are going to a vernissage. This means it is an event that opens a Galerie. And this one is from my favorite artist," you answered, fangirling a little.

"Oh, okay," Loki said, closing the door. One second later, the door opened again.

"Emm... (Y/N)?" the black-haired man asked again.

"What is it? I want to get ready before the event is over," you stated, sass dripping from your lips.

"How do I dress for it?" At this moment it hit you. Loki had probably never been on such an occasion. You smiled softly and replied.

"It would be best if you dressed solemnly, like in a tuxedo. If you're unsure, ask Tony," you replied and closed the door, finally getting your shower.

Half an hour later, you were showered, shaved and were about to blow-dry your hair, as someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?" you called out. Nat opened the door and looked at you.

"You're not done yet?" she asked. Before you could answer, the red-haired woman stepped in with a curling iron in her hand.

Fifteen minutes later, your hair was curled and your make-up was done.

"So, what do you want to wear?" Nat asked as you stepped up to your wardrobe. Inside hung different dresses, tops and coats. Your hand wandered over the different fabrics and you tried to decide on which you should wear. Your tracks stopped as you saw your deep green dress with golden ornaments and a waist-high cut, filled with black tulle.

You loved it and decided to wear it tonight. Nat helped you with it and you decided to wear matching black heels.

"Girl, you look staggering!" Nat cheered as you looked into the mirror. You smiled and hugged the assassin for a moment before throwing your coat around your shoulders. Opening the door you ran straight into a hard object. As you were about to stumble back and fall, strong arms wrapped around your waist and prevented you from falling. Your eyes met his and for a moment you both stared at each other.

This moment lasted till someone cleared their throat and straddled you. After you looked at Nat for a moment, you realized how close you and Loki were and that you were still bent backward.

You patted Loki's shoulder as he raised you up again. Afterwards, he held out his arm for you to take. You took it and off you went.

In the elevator, the man with the raven black hair broke the awkward silence by saying "you look stunning."

Your cheeks heated up and now you looked at what he was wearing. His body was perfectly tucked into a black tux with a deep green dress shirt underneath, emerald green cufflinks and greenish-black leather shoes. His hair was pulled into a deep ponytail and on his right hand, he wrote a golden band on one of his fingers.

You had to admit he was looking good and you were sure if anyone would get too close to this man, you would bite off someone's hand.

As you stepped out of the elevator, Happy was already waiting for you. Tony had one of his "small" (they never were small) limousines waiting for you guys.

Loki held the door open for you to get in and you thanked him, tucking your skirt in with you. It was not that puffy but it was still wide. The handsome man on your side got in as well and together you were on your way to the vernissage.

Once you arrived there, you both made your way inside, hand in hand. Soft music was playing and a smile spread across your face.

---- Loki's POV ----

The place was quite nice. Warm light shone down on us and soft music was playing. By this time I was glad that (Y/N) had told me to wear a tuxedo. Everyone was dressed in expensive clothing. I was used to formal events like banquets but they were always Asgardian and this was nothing like that.

I looked at (Y/N) and her eyes shone brightly. My heart jumped and again I could stare at her for hours. The way her face was illuminated and the light reflected off her hair, she was stunning. As a waiter walked by, (Y/N) grabbed two drinks from the silver plate and passed one to me. I looked at her confused but as I wanted to ask her about this action, my attention was caught by a clink. A man with low-hanging glasses stood on a box. He wore a strange-looking smoking and behaved quite uncommon.

"My dear ladies and gentlemen, it's such a pleasure that you all are here tonight," he voiced, fake-whipping an imaginary tear.

"We came here today to celebrate my newest discovery. He's a man that had a small fan community for a long time now and finally, his dream comes true with my support." I rolled my eyes. How could someone be so snooty and vain? Sure I was not always a role model when it came to social interactions and humanity but this was even for me too much.

"But even if I could go on now, I'm sure you may want to hear the man that we came together for. Here he is, dear ladies and gentlemen, Scott McSheeren." A man dressed in a much less expensive and nearly casual suit stepped out of the crowd. He had a full beard that reminded me of Volstagge's but his had brained strands in it. Also, his hair was not red-brown but a fiery red. His hair was pulled in a ponytail.

"I greet you too, ladies and gentlemen," he boomed before I turned him out as he talked about his inspirations and other artists' stuff. As he was done talking, people started to walk around. I expected us to do the same but to my surprise (Y/N) walked over to this man and hugged him. A flame of rage blazed up in me and with large, quick steppes, I walked up to them.

"Loki, I want to introduce you to someone. This is Scott. I've supported him since the beginning when I first met him back in Schottland," she said and grabbed my hand.

"Scott, this is Loki, mo tionlacan (Scottish for my accompaniment)" she said, looking up at me. I was confused. Was (Y/N) from Scottland?

"You can speak Scottish?" I asked out of reflex. The woman next to me chuckled but answered.

"I've spent like two years in Scottland before coming into the USA. I wanted to make experiences but I found out about things that I would have not dreamed about. Then you happened and I became one of the Avengers."

The rest of the night Scott disappeared from our view and (Y/N) and I looked at Scott's art. It was surprisingly good. The main motives were woods, runes and the, oh so familiar, tree of life.

It was late as we headed back to Stark Tower and I had enjoyed the evening very much.

22.21.2020