Chapter 14

Since you got the news that Loki was allowed to go back to Asgard, he became strange. In the morning, he wouldn't let go of you and would try to convince you to stay in bed. Then he would disappear for hours and come back and act as if nothing had happened. It was driving you crazy.

You were just preparing breakfast as Clint ran into the room, jumping around like a kid.

"(Y/N/N)! Look outside!" he yelled. You laughed and went to the large windows. It was near Dezember now and the leaves had fallen some weeks ago. As you reached the glass front, you saw what Clint was so excited about.

Small, white flakes were falling from the sky but slowly they became thicker and the snow got more. A smile adorned your face.

Then a strong and unpleasant smell filled your nose. You whipped around and ran to the stove. The pan with the eggs was smoking heavily and its content was burned beyond saving. Signing you placed the pan in the kitchen sink.

"Guys, have you seen? It is snowing!" Tony came in, grinning. Steve and Bucky strolled in behind him, not so excited about the snow. Before breakest was done, everyone was sitting at the table. Loki was the last one to arrive and went unnoticed to the kitchen, where you were still busied with cooking.

As you stood there, humming, Loki wrapped his arms around your waist. Surprised you jumped, a short squeal escaping your lips. Loki's chin rested on your shoulder and his cold cheek pressed against your neck.

"Have you seen? It is snowing," you stated softly, enjoying the strong arms around you.

"Yes, I have," the man grumbled into your neck. A genius smile was present on your lips and you chuckled lightly. A cold nose nuzzled against your skin, sending a light shiver down your spine.

Moments of comfortable silence passed by till Loki spoke up again, turning you to face him.

"(Y/N), you remember that I'm allowed to go back to Asgard again?" Your stomach turned slightly as you nodded, not looking Loki in the eyes.

"And you also remember that I'm one of the princes of Asgard?" Again you nodded, keeping your eyes on your hands that were laying on this chest.

"These facts bring specific... responsibilities." Loki paused for a moment, placing one of his hands on your cheek. You still wouldn't meet his gaze.

"I've communicated with my parents and told them that it is my choice to stay here on Midgard but I still have to fulfill some tasks." Loki stopped again, breathing deeply.

"(Y/N). I don't want to leave your side. When I'm not around you, it feels as if something is missing. I want to spend as much time as possible by your side." His soft trump brushed over your skin, causing you to cose your eyes to take in every moment.

"I have to be present at the winter ball. It is a tradition, that the royal family is hosting it and that the princes and princesses are attending it." Your heart was beating fast as Loki continued.

"I'm Prince Loki of Asgard and I'm allowed to bring a guest with me. I've never asked someone this before but I can't attend this occasion without you. You've become a part of my life that I can't and don't want to live without. So I ask you, Miss (Y/N), would you do me the honour of accompanying me to the ball?" Your eyes widened as he was finished.

"Are you honest with me? You want me, a usual mortal Midgardian woman, to occupy you on an Asgardian royal ball? I mean, I don't know how to behave. Are they even speaking one of the languages I'm speaking? What if I'm embarrassing myself or if I'm going to embarrass you?!" You were starting to ramble but were stopped as Loki took your face in both his hands.

"Stop worrying so much. You'll be just fine, I'm sure of that. Yes, they are speaking at least one language you are speaking. And why shouldn't I be honest by asking you, if you wanted to come with me? You are important to me and I don't want to be away from you," Loki said softly.

"Also, I want to stay with you a little longer at Asgard. You've introduced me to your realm and now I want to do the same with the one I've grown up at. So what do you say, will you come with me to Asgard?" Tears were treating to spill from your eyes as you nodded your head, smiling.

Loki pulled you into a soft and loving hug, his arms around your waist and yours around his neck.

"Also, mother and father want to get to know the person they owe the fact that their son is rehabilitated," Loki laughed lightly.

25.12.2020