Chapter 5

After dinner, you went to your room with Loki on your heels.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Loki stated as you entered your room. It seemed like the confused look on your face would not leave you for the rest of the day. Instead, it was present on your face once again. Loki looked at you with a frown.

"You don't have to share your room with me if you don't want to," Loki started. A soft smile appeared on your face.

"I know but I don't have an issue with this. Even if you are a man, a creature from another star and the God of mischief," you smirked. You could see a Loki glub in the mirror as you turned around and walked to your closet, swaying your hips to the beat of the song that was now playing.

After you changed into your pajamas, you threw your hair in a messy bun, just the way you always did. As you entered the bedroom again, you saw that Loki had changed and that he stood in the place he was at before you left.

"Loki, is everything alright?" you asked, concern lingering in your voice. He looked at you and forced a smile on his face.

"I can see that something is bothering you. What is it?" you asked again as you noticed a lie wanting to leave his pale thin lips. He signed.

"I-I... I don't want to intimidate you. That's all..." he signed. A soft smile formed on your lips and your hand found it's way on his cheek.

"Loki. I already told you, I don't have a problem with this. If I'm being honest I even am a little happy that you are here," you said. After a moment reality hit you and a wave of embarrassment washed over you. A blush covered your cheeks as you realized that you had said that out aloud. You hadn't been sure of your feelings toward the black-haired man with the emerald green eyes, yet you just confessed them to him. Without another word, you turned around and went to bed. You hoped to find relief in your book.

Reading helped indeed and soon you forgot about Loki. The story let your thoughts drift away into a land you would never see. It took a while but finally, you fell asleep. Your head fell on a shoulder, covered with black hair, and the book in your hand slide shut.

A thin hand with long fingers grabbed it and laid it to the side. Without your notice, Loki had taken part in your reading and he had found a liking in the way your mind illustrated the words you read.

The always so cold man slung his long arm carefully behind your neck and pulled you down with him. With the scenery still playing in your mind and him taking part in your dream he fell asleep.

---- Time skip ----

You woke up to a slow and even pounding. It was calm and relaxed, sending a nice feeling through your body. You opened your eyes slowly, sleep still holding onto every string of your body. But it was no use, you had to get up and work. Stretching, you took in your surrounding. Everything was like usual but this green pillow was fascinating. It was warm and soft and made you want to stay in bed and cuddle it all day. As you wanted to peel yourself from the pillow and sit up, you noticed an arm around your waist. The pillow steered. Your eyes shoot up to see a sharp jawline covered in pale skin.

"Good morning," a deep voice laced with sleep said.

"Good morning..." you said as well, a hot blush coloring your cheeks.

"Why are you up this early?" Loki asked as you again tried to stand up.

"Well I have something to do..." you trailed off, not wanting to share your secret. You heard a deep "So?" rumble through the defined chest under your hands. You huffed and finally got out of his gasp. Loki remained in bed as you roamed through your dresser for a sports outfit.

---- Time skip ----

As you entered the stable you were greeted by all the horses neighing happily. A wide smile appeared on your face as you took the brush and entered the first box.

Mistral happily jogged against your pocket, knowing you had apple slices in it. You laughed at how good the horses knew you. You started to run the brush softly over the short white fur that covered the strong muscles of the beautiful animal. It always fascinated you how strong and, at the same time, soft horses were. You often found yourself imagining how it would be to gallop through the woods or across a wide green meadow. You were pulled from your daydream by a loud bark.

"Spike, Tom," you greeted as a big black dog and a handsome man entered the box. You took one of the apple slices from your pocket and gave it to Mistral, patting her head softly.

"I see you spoil the horses once again," Tom laughed and his brown eyes sparkled. Some of his red-brown hair fell into his face and made him look cute and bold at the same time.

16.12.2020