Chapter 22

You were walking down the street, dressed in the dress and the shoes Loki had given to you, paired with a black trenchcoat. You were near the coffee shop the Asgardian prince had told you, he would be at and your nerves began to kick in. Thoughts of what could be the reason for all this were racing in your head.

You neared the coffee shop and a smile lingered on your lips. The pleasant cold wreathed around you as you entered the room, the sweet smell of coffee and cacao sojourn in the air. Your gaze wandered around the room, different people sitting at tables and chatting. In a darker corner, you spotted a raven-haired man in a brownish-green coat and black pants. He had a book in his hand and a mug of tea stood in front of him. You made your way over to him.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, Mister but have you seen my boyfriend? He is tall, has black hair and intense green eyes. He left a note that he wanted to meet me here," you said innocently, as you had approached his table. The man at looked up from his book before closing it.

"Oh yes, I saw him previously. He was sitting at the table over there and looked nervous. I asked him what bothered him and he said something about surprising his love," the gentleman replied, standing up so he was right in front of you.

"Do you know where he is now?" A smirk started to play on your lips.

"Oh, my dear, he is right behind you," Loki said, placing his hands on your shoulders and turning you around. Your eyes fell onto a big banner, you were sure of, wasn't there as you entered. Your friends were standing now all together underneath it as the room was now empty. Tears pricked in your eyes as you noticed which occasion this was. It was your birthday you had forgotten of but everybody else had remembered. You turned around, hugging Loki tightly. He had made all this, you were sure and had brought all your friends here. After hugging your boyfriend, you went on to hug your friends. Even the ones from outside the Stark Tower and S.H.I.L.D. were here to celebrate with you. In one moment, you remembered your family back in Germany. You had not heard of them in nearly two years and you missed them terribly.

Just as this thought had crossed your mind, the doorbell rang and a group of people entered. Your eyes went wide as you recognized them. Like insane you dashed towards the woman that you called your mom and hugged her, tears streaming down your face. You couldn't believe it. This awesome man had brought your family here and had not said anything about all this, nor did he give away any unwanted hint that he was planning something all this time. After hugging your family, crying and ruining your make-up, you turned back to the man you loved.

With quick and energetic steps, you walked up to him and grabbed his collar. Your hand pulled it down and your lips smashed against his. After a moment of surprise, he melted in it and kissed you back. As you parted, his large cold hands reached up to cup your cheeks, whipping your washed-out make-up from your face and replacing it with magic. Your smile made his heart beat strong in his chest and a soft smile laced his lips.

"Thank you Loki," you breathed, wrapping your arms around his body and leaning your head against his chest. He kissed the top of your head and whispered "Everything to make my queen happy," in your ear. Your smile grew into a goofy grin. After a moment he pulled away and made you look up at him.

"I have one thing left that I want to give to you," he said, reaching in his pocket. His lanky fingers held a glittering green jewelry box with a golden bow around it. He placed it in your hand and gestured for you to open it, his soft eyes fixed on yours all the time. Shakily, your hands opened it to relieve a necklace with matching earrings.

 Shakily, your hands opened it to relieve a necklace with matching earrings

Since you were not wearing any jewelry, Loki took the necklace and put it around your neck, placing a kiss on your shoulder afterwards

Since you were not wearing any jewelry, Loki took the necklace and put it around your neck, placing a kiss on your shoulder afterwards. You also put on the earrings, loving the set already.

The afternoon went on and you had a lot of fun. The sun started to set as Tom entered the coffee shop. You were standing next to Loki as he approached you.

"Hey (Y/N), happy birthday. I'm sorry I'm late but I had to finish off something important," he explained, a smile on his face.

"It's alright. You're here and that is what matters," you smiled at him, grabbing the Prince's hand. You three chatted for some minutes until Tom changed the topic.

"You know Trioblaid is still uneasy with anyone and does not let anyone come near him with any tools?" he asked and you hummed in agreement.

"You and Loki are the only ones that can handle him and I can't keep him," he stated, a sad tone hidden in his voice. Your heart sank at the thought that this beautiful horse was probably going to get killed for being from another realm.

"I know that you like him very much and it appears that he likes you that way as well so I thought, maybe, if you wanted..." Tom trailed off, making Loki urge him to finish his sentence.

"I thought, maybe you would like to have him. He could stay in his box and all but I can't have him stay one of my horses. They are supposed to be ridden and I can't do this with him. But I don't want him to die just because he is different," he said and looked down.

"Are you honest?!" you asked unbelievingly. The man looked up again.

"Yes. Why shouldn't I?" His eyebrow was risen in confusion.

"OMG, yes, I'll take him gratefully." You grinned from ear to ear. In a fast movement, you turned to Loki, asking if you could take him to Asgard. Loki confirmed that it was possible and Tom had a questioning look on his face. You two laughed at this but didn't explain it anyways.

Some hours later, you and Loki fell into your bed. It was the best birthday you could have imagined and it was topped off with Loki, kissing your neck softly while removing your dress like a real gentleman.

3.1.2021

If you want to read the spicy part, check out my Avengers OneShots and read the story😉