Chapter 9

You awoke the next morning to a nice feeling. Loki's arm was still tightly wrapped around your body and you felt an even breath in your neck. You took your book and decided to keep on reading it. You had noticed that Loki was the most at peace when he was touching you and you were reading about a quaint situation. Luckily the situation you had stopped at was peaceful.

---- Loki's POV ----

I was standing in a land house and the morning sun was slowly rising. A light, golden fog hovered over the full fields and wide meadows. The leaves of the apple and cherry trees were covered with tau and reflected the sunlight.

I opened the wooden front door and stepped onto the front porch. The cool morning air tickled my skin and the distant sound of singing birds filled my ears. I breathed deeply. The smell of wet ground and grass filled my nose, sending a shiver down my spine.

Suddenly a loud bark and a child's scream erupted from somewhere behind the house. My instincts kicking in and I ran around the nice house that was overgrown with red ivy. Behind the house, there was a big garden and a small lake with geese surrounded by birch trees. Onto its shore, a small boy with dark brown hair was playing with a golden retriever. The dog was barking happily and the boy was screaming in joy in the same attempt.

"Charles-Louis. Would you please come here for a moment?" a stern voice shouted. The boy reacted, razing with the dog on his heels to the house. My eyes followed his movements and I discovered a woman standing with a child in her arms.

"Charles, what have I been telling you about going out without one of us?" the lady asked. Her face was framed by long stands of (H/C) hair as the rest of her locks were tucked in a tight ponytail.

"It is dangerous and I should wait for one of you," the boy said, his head down and his hands clasped behind his back. I stepped over to the three persons.

The woman was wearing a simple brown dress with rose embroidery on it. It nearly looked as if the rose had grown around the woman's body and was now holding the fabric gently in place. She lifted her hand to ruff the brown curls of the tiny being in front of her.

"Mommy, 'm sleepy," the small girl in the woman's arms spoke up suddenly. The angelic voice of the blond bundle made my lips pull up at the edges. The woman turned to look over the fields as if she wanted to take in the sight one last time. Just as she wanted to turn around her (E/C) eyes locked with mine. A spark flew through my guts.

"Daddy!" two high voices screamed and (Y/N) sat the girl down. The children ran up to me and hugged my legs. I kneeled down, wrapping them in a tight hug. (Y/N) made her way over to us and I let go of the kids.

My arms slung themselves around her waist, pulling her flush against my body. Her hand rested on my cheek and I smiled softly.

"My dear, finally you have returned," she spoke, emotions wheeling in her eyes. My heart fluttered wildly in my chest and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her but just as I wanted to lean down and capture her lips with mine, she took a sharp breath. Her eyes went wide and her hand slipped from my face.

As I looked at her and saw an arrow sticking in her back just between her shoulder blades. My face fell and tears wheeled in my eyes.

I shoot up, breathing heavily and my heart pounding fast. I looked to my left and saw (Y/N) turning to me. Her eyes lightly red and glassy.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as she sat up.

"You were the one shooting out of bed and breathing heavily. I was reading," she said, her voice even. I nodded and laid back down, pulling the woman next to me with me. I placed her head on my chest, her arms wrapping in an instant around my torso.

I wondered if it was only my imagination or if (Y/N) also had seen it?

20.12.2020