Chapter 1

A man with dirty-blond hair stood in the throne room, walking up and down while quoting joke after joke. He was the third today, trying to make the Prince laugh by telling jokes that were just not funny to the Prince.

"Why was the dead man happy to be sentenced during his trial?" the man asked, waiting for someone to answer but it stayed silent.

"Because they gave him life." He cracked into a fit of giggles as some of the maids and servants chuckled awkwardly. The Prince rolled his eyes as the King waved to the guards. They told him to leave as the next one entered.

This was going on for nearly a month now and the Prince only got annoyed by it.

A woman with long platin-blond hair entered and bowed shortly, before starting to tell a story.

"It was some time ago that I was helping a friend of mine to bring her goods to the market. On the way there we met a guy. He was flirting with her like hell but then, his oxen went off, sending him onto the ground as he was leaning against his cart." People laughed slightly.

"He fell into the mud and cursed 'Oh damn it. Why has this to happen to me all the time?'" People were snickering and the woman continued.

"And as he wanted to stand up, he took a hold on the cart of my friend and accidentally pulled on a basket with tomatoes. The basket fell down and he was covered in tomato. Also, the basket landed on his head, making him practically blind. My friend wanted to help him up and reached down to help him. He wanted to stand up himself and knocked her into the mud as well as he fell back again." By now everyone was laughing except Prince Loki. His face was still cold as stone.

The King looked at his son to see him rolling his eyes. He dismissed her and the next one entered. Just as an elf wanted to try it, a loud voice was heard.

"LEAVE ME ALONE AND DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH ME AGAIN YOU PRAT OR ELSE YOU WILL FIND YOUR CROWNJUVELS IN A BOX AT YOUR DOOR!" Then a woman with (H/C) hair entered the room. At first, her steps were energetic and filled with anger but then she regained her compose. Everyone stared at her with light shock on their faces and even the Prince's eyes were wide.

"Your Majesty, I was sent to inform you that lunch is ready," the woman that had her hair partly brained with rings and ornaments in it announced.

King Odin nodded and hushed everyone out for the next two hours. Only the maid stayed to lead the two men to the dining hall.

No one had noticed that a small smirk played on the edges of Prince Loki's lips. This woman was feisty and would be nice to annoy.

----------

The maid with (H/C) hair carried out the plates after dinner. She had a usual build and a normally shaped face. Nothing about her made her stand out, except her hairstyle and her slightly annoyed look that was on her face, whenever you saw her.

Prince Loki left the room to go to the library. For some reason, he did not take the usual way there and found himself near the kitchen. He passed a small corridor as he heard someone hiss.

"I said no. And if I say no, I mean it. Leave me alone." The sentence was followed by a splash and dishes rumbling through a kitchen sink. Suddenly there was a thumb and a deep growl.

"Do you really think, you could push me away that easily? The more you push me, the more I want you." The Prince may appeared cold but this somehow hit a nerve. He speed-walked to the door, pushing it open early.

The maid from earlier was pushed against the counter by a man with light brown hair. He pinned her hands to the wall behind her and was so very close. The black-haired man just wanted to speak up as a grunt of pain filled the air.

The woman had thrown up her knee between his legs and so brought him to his knees. She took a knife and held it to his throat.

"Give me one good reason on why I should not neuter you here and yet," she growled. The prince was stunned. Usually, women were not that aggressive and would not threat with such things but she seemed more than serious about that.

The man whined in fear and his lips began to tremble. The Prince wanted to back out but hit one of the silver plates, causing it to fall. The woman's head whipped toward the door where the black-haired man stood.

Then she shot up, pulling the knife behind her back. The man stood up quickly, racing out through the maid's door.

"My Prince, is there anything you wished for?" she asked, a smile on her face. It looked real but underneath it, there was fear and the annoyed expression she always wore.

The Prince was straddled for a moment. Just a second ago, she was in full rage and now, she acted as if nothing had happened.

"Eh... yes. I wanted some grapes as I was on my way to the library," he lied.

"I'll bring it to you in a moment, my Prince but you could have asked one of the maids to get some instead of coming yourself," she answered, turning to grab a plate and the fruits. Prince Loki left, only nodding in agreement and hurried to the library.

02.02.2020