Epilogue

The doors to the dining hall opened and everyone's attention whipped to the man standing in it. His hair was slicked back and his high form was hugged by extravagant fabrics. His green eyes held an energy that was nearly missed for the past week.

As his feet carried him into the room, a woman was leat by him, dressed in velvet layers of deep red material. A shy expression adored her face, paired with a sweet pink blush.

"I have to do an announcement," the male declared. Everyone awaited the following sentence of the young Prince that demanded unshared attention.

"Miss (Y/N) is back to complete health and will join the daily life again," he stated and everyone relaxed.

"And-" he started and brought the tension back into the room "-she will not be maid anymore but a person of rank and the woman I court," he boomed and jaws hitting the floor were heard.

"How can you-" the King started but a shimmer of magic made a mask appear on her face. A sharp inhale ragged through the room and a smirk plastered itself onto the Queen's face. Also, the woman that had now been revealed as the mysterious woman, that prevented the wedding of the Prince of Nefilheim and the dark Prince, was surprised about the latest turn of events.

"So, you're the woman that brought the laugher of my son back," King Odin stoke with a hard and unreadable expression.

"Father," the Prince growled, expecting the worst behavior.

"I take from your facial expression that you had no knowledge of Prince Loki's intentions of courting you?" the white-haired man questioned. For a moment, it stayed silent.

"E-em-e... no," the former maid answered and her once so calm and unnearing nature was nowhere to be found.

"Then, I ask you, if you are willing to accept the Prince's gesture of courting and therefore to follow the courtly manners?" A pair of green eyes widened and a pale face turned towards the woman by Prince Loki's side.

"I-... y-yes. It would be a pleasure," she answered and a small smile tucked on her lips.

"Verry well then, I welcome you in our rows and ask the two of you to take seats so we can start eating," the Allfather announced and the pair sat down.

----------

Months went by and it came to the point where the moment arrived that things repeated themselves. The only difference:

Maids hurried to finish the last details and the (H/C)-haired woman sighed in defeat. She had given up on telling her former equals that all of this was too much but no one had accepted it. The doors opened and the Queen entered, embracing the bride in a tight hug.

"I am so happy for you two," she whispered into her ear. (Y/N) nodded and now started to tear up in happiness. Who would have thought that things would turn out that way?

"Are you ready?" the blonde asked as she noticed the tears in the woman's eyes.

"As ready as I can be... I mean, I am going to marry a prince..." she chuckled and whipped her eyes.

"And a troublemaker as well," Frigga giggled along. After some more moments, they left to prevent the god of mischief from keeping his nerves calm by setting the flowers on fire or sneaking snakes into the kitchen.

Thor caught him as he was about to mix something into his father's drink and dragged him to his place. They were just in time to not let the bride wait so that they happily ever after could start the best way it could.

16.06.2021