Chapter 7

After the Prince had recovered to full health, he had given the maid an extra day off. So, it came that the young woman could be found in the thermal bath on a sunny Sunday morning.

The sun's warming rays shone down onto the light grey dress (Y/N) was wearing as her hands were working against the fabric of her clothes. Soap created a soft white lather as warm water poured into the stone sink, creating a welcomely warm dust of water and heat. The air had a slight chill but it was welcome considering the warmth radiating off the building the maid was standing in front of.

Since she was busied once and had the chance of enjoying the hot water run freely over her skin, the (H/C)-haired woman laid aside the clothes and washed her long hair. Her hands worked through the curls and her fingers ran over her head in a smoothing matter, causing her bright eyes to close in relaxation. She didn't care who was walking by since the thermal bath was opened for everyone. The poor and the rich all came together here and no one minded an others business.

But since also the court state had access to this place and enjoyed the atmosphere like everyone else did, it happened that also King Odin and his guests King Adric and Prince Dökkur came by at this exact day. The elder man chatted friendly as the caramel brown Prince and Prince Thor laughed at one of their own flat jokes. Behind the four men, a slender raven-haired one made his way through the entrance and onto the free space where people were mostly washing clothes. As the Kings wore white tunics with deep red details, the booming Princes were covered in firely red ones with silvern ornaments. Only the silent Prince Loki with his cold and piercing green eyes wore a forest green tunic with golden edges and his initials and symbol on his shoulder.

People bowed as they saw the royals walk by and only one didn't notice the men slandering over the yard. Her eyes were still closed and she washed out the soap, her dripping hair still hanging over her head. Her hands ruffed her curls together before she twirled it backwards. A splash of water flew from the thick bunch of hair and had to hit the Prince from another realm.

"Ay! Can't you pay attention to where you are splashing?" a harsh voice asked. The woman twirled around and instantly threw her gaze towards the ground.

"My apologies, your Majesty. I did not intend to splash anyone for the matter. I'm terribly sorry for doing so..." she apologises, falling to her knees in submission. Of all the people she could have bumped into, it had to be the royal family.

"Father. Don't be so strict. It was an accident," the Prince stated chuckling. The royals continued their way and unnoticedly left one of them behind.

Long wet hair got twisted into a tight bun to prevent it from swinging around and from wetting more people.

"I did not expect you to be here, giving this arrogant Prince such a plump reason to look at you," a silken but somehow sharp voice stated. The maid turned to look at the male that had spoken.

"Oh... my Prince. I-I... I did not-..." she stumbled over her words.

"What brings you here on your free day?" the raven-haired Prince asked as he watched her putting the freshly washed fabrics into the basket.

"You see what I was doing, my Prince. Also, what occasion do we owe your presence?" the (H/C) maid asked, a bright smile now decorating her face. The two walked over the small yard and towards a place people usually gave up their things as they visited the baths.

"The King wanted me to come with him, my brother and our guests to probably bond with this prince. Terrible man and he has no sense for politeness," Prince Loki breathed annoyed as his maid pushed her basket over to the woman behind the counter.

"Well... I am not to judge this but if I were, I'd agree with you, your Highness," she chuckled silently.

"And what are you going to do now?" (Y/N) asked. Since she was not at service at the moment, she was more open about the way she acted. It was something she was only able to when she was here. All the other parts of life were more closed up about such things but now and here, she could open up and be herself a little bit, without people being offended fast.

"It seems like I have to go back even if I would rather be everywhere but here," he stated, the last part only a whisper.

"It appears so," the maid agreed. Together they walked into the thermal bath and towards the large pools. Thick fog rose from the water and made it difficult to look afar.

"Now, my Prince. This is the point where out paths will divide at. We will see us again tomorrow in the morning," she said, bowing before stepping up onto the starting block.

"Indeed. Till tomorrow," he gave in and turned around. Something got into his mind and he turned only to see her stripping her over-dress down, leaving her in the simple white grown. As the light grey fabric hit the floor, a body dove into the hot water. The Prince's green eyes watched the figure till she came up again, a strand falling loose from her bun. He watched for a moment longer till his brother found him again.

21.03.2021