Chapter 13

Time passed and soon, the happenings of the nearly-wedding were almost forgotten. Almost!

The Prince and his maid were on their usual stroll around the gardens as a blonde man hurried through the red and orange sunlight.

"Loki!" his voice haled out, cutting the laughter of the pair short. Breathing heavily, Prince Thor stopped in front of them and looked at his brother.

"Loki. 'm sorry to interrupt you but father needs us. The-" he was cut short as his breath ran low.

"What is it?" the dark-haired pressed and earned a glare from the woman beside him.

"The Nefilheimen. They declared war because Dökkur feels hurt in his pride by the repeal of your engagement," he breathed and a concerned look was very much present on his face. The woman's eyes darted from Prince Thor to Prince Loki as he stood frozen in place.

Suddenly the dark Prince snapped out of his trance and faced the woman.

"Tell father I'll be there in a moment," he stated, not once glancing at his brother. The blonde left in a hurried blur, leaving the two alone.

"I want you to stay here," he stated and looked his maid intensely into the eyes. It was as if he was able to read her thoughts.

"What? No!" she protested and was about to counter that she was responsible for his well-being and therefore had to accompany him.

"Please," he begged and held her by the forearms.

"I want you to be save." His voice pleated, making (Y/N) give in.

"But stay safe, please," she asked and turned her gaze towards the ground.

"I promise. I promise to return to you," he cooed and stepped a little closer.

Eyes were blown wide as a set of cold, soft lips pressed against her forehead. The (H/C)-haired woman blinked but as her eyelids opened again, she wasn't facing a defined chest, covered by layers of fabric anymore. The space that was taken by the Prince before was now empty. Sighing, she made her way towards the palace only to see the bolt of lightning as the Bifrost took the warriors and most of the royal family with it.

Hours turned into days and weeks passed without any news from the battlefield. It was until the maid with the (h/c) brained hair and the again grim face was brushing the Queen's long golden hair as someone brushed into the room.

"Thor!" the woman exclaimed and jumped to her feet to greet her son. The massive blonde hugged her back only in a moment. After him, the Allfather entered and caught (Y/N)'s attention.

"Frigga, may I greet you and steal you from your son?" the elder asked and happily, she followed him out of the room.

"Prince Thor," the maid made a curtsey.

"Now is not the time for formalities," he answered, making her look at him wide-eyed.

"Is Prince Loki in his chambers? I should look if he needs anything-" she was about to leave as a hand caught her arm gently.

"Loki is not here," he answered. The female paled immensely.

"What do you mean 'he is not here'?" she questioned. The blonde man guided her to the sitting arrangement and asked her to take a seat.

"I know that you two are close and this is why I need you to stay calm now," the blonde spoke softly and so very unlike himself.

----------

Tears ran down her cheeks as the Prince finished his report of what had happened. Not only were they defeated elementary, but also had the Prince been hurt and imprisoned by the former Prince and temporary ruler of Nefilheim.

"I am so very sorry," he breathed and left to give her time to grieve.

10.05.2021