Chapter 4

"You ready?" a female voice whispered. The black-haired man next to her nodded and watched as the green glow from his hands manifested into a snake. The cold green reptile slithered through the grass and away from the bush the Prince and his maid were hiding behind.

Just in time, Prince Thor came around the corner of a pavilion and stopped as he saw the snake.

"Hey, sweets, what are you doing here?" the blond Prince asked as he picked up the illusion. The snake slung itself around his hands and wrists till it looked him in the eyes. Slowly the snake's grip on his hands tightened and the blond's eyes widened.

"Loki? Loki if you are doing this, please stop it. This is not funny!" (Y/N) snickered lightly at the look on his face. Through a charm, they saw him very clearly but still were not to be seen.

"Loki!!" the elder Prince shouted. Just as planned, the snake grew and changed its colour. The thicker it got, the redder it became and soon it was shining bloody-red. The blue eyes of the prince were now filled with fear as he realized that the snake was about to explode.

His eyes were closed shut as the illusion blew up and confetti flew around. Prince Thor opened one of his eyes to take a look and saw that the snake was gone.

Behind the bush, the (H/C)-haired maid pressed her hands to her mouth to prevent the laughter from slipping from her plump lips.

"What the f-" Prince Thor asked before leaving. (Y/N) recovered from her laugh flash and looked at Prince Loki. Those usually tensed green eyes were for once relaxed and a bright smirk lingered in his face.

--- Time Skip ---

Time passed and a few days later, the Prince and his maid could be found on a stroll through the gardens.

"It was a beautiful day, really. The sun, the slight breeze, the birds... It was just perfect. And then, out of nowhere, this goddamn arrow flew by my head and missed me by only an inch," the woman chuckled, shaking her head. A small smile grew on the man's face as he listened to the woman, talking about her childhood. Her laughter died down and the pair came to a halt next to one of the benches. The warm evening air was filled by the soft tune of a singing bird. Taking a seat, the maid faced the sun, letting warm rays fall onto her skin. The sun tingled on her skin, causing a pleased smile to linger on her lips. Emerald eyes watched her for a moment. The way the light illuminated her face, how the sun caught in the loose strands of her hair, her eyelashes laying on her skin... The man found himself staring. How could someone be this calm around him? Usually, he was grim and intimidating. People feared him by only hearing his name. He was known to be rude and cruel; so not show any sympathy. He was the dark Prince that never laughed and he didn't expect anyone to like him, jet again enjoy his company.

The Prince was called back to reality, as (E/C) eyes looked into his, the sun sparkling in them as concern pulsed in the colourful clouds.

"Your Majesty? Are you all right?" the woman asked, her voice displaying her uneasiness. The raven-haired man snapped out of his thoughts, shaking off his thoughts.

"Yes. Just thinking," he answered, his hands folding in his lap.

"Ooh, of a beautiful maiden or a warrior in shining armour?" she chuckled playfully, causing him to blush slightly.

"Please excuse me, my Prince. It is not my right to ask such things, even if it's just a joke," she bid pardon as she restrained herself. She got carried away, enjoying the moment a little too much. Prince Loki looked up at her, seeing her face serious again. Just as he wanted to say something, a butterfly came by, landing in her hair. Its purple wings accented her hair beautifully. A smile broke free on her face once again.

"How do I look?" she asked cockily, her head tilted so that the animal was the main focus. Her back was pushed through and her hands worked against the skirt of her uniform.

"Verry marvellous," the Prince stated, a smile playing on his lips. The woman laughed herself, not noticing the Prince's expression and the chuckle that joined hers shortly. Two pairs of eyes watched the interaction carefully.

"Have you seen?" a deep voice asked as its owner saw the Prince's hard expression slip.

"Indeed, my dear. It is really not something I would have expected that soon. But again, she is different and look, she doesn't even notices." The blonde Prince and his mother stood on one of the balconies that faced the gardens, watching the pair enjoy themselves.

01.03.2021