Chapter 11

It was the day of the wedding and Prince Loki was getting prepared by his maid. A festive, light green robe adored his form while his hair was braided on one side, small green leaves and white flowers were worked into it.

"Now all hope is lost," he stated as he faced the mirror. His maid stood on a chair, finishing the last details.

"Don't be so upset, my Prince. I'm sure that everything will end well," she reassured him. He turned to look at her directly.

"How could this end up well? I'm forced to marry this egomaniac! Also, we were not able to find someone to help in this situation," he exclaimed, despair too present in his voice.

"Fait lets us travel strange ways and who knows, maybe a knight or a maiden in shining armor shows up to save you from the evil Prince," she joked and finally cooed out this wonderful smile again, even if it was only ever so slightly.

"Done, your Majesty," she stated and smoothed out the last folds.

A pathetic smile lingered on her lips before she spoke up again. "I will not be able to occupy you today since it is my free day and I have to take care of different things." The Prince's face fell.

"But I will come by this evening to look if I can help in any way." In the man's head, the image of the day played. How could he possibly survive this day without a little support? Before his mind got too carried away, the Queen knocked and opened the door.

"Oh, my dear, you look stunning, doesn't he?" she cooed.

"Indeed, he does," the (H/C)-haired woman stated with a soft smile on her lips.

--- Time Skip ---

All the guests had arrived and were now seated in the ballroom. People chattered and only the dark Prince had a look on his face that everyone, who would look at him, would drop dead.

"Why the bitter face, my love," Prince Dökkur snickered. He seemed to enjoy the situation rather and did not see any trouble in this and Prince Loki had an idea as to why.

The Prince of Nefilheim had proven more than once that he was a ruthless and egomaniac man that took everything that he wanted. He would force the Prince into the role of his wife and surely would be not a loving husband. King Odin rose from his seat and silenced the chattering.

"We came here today to celebrate the union of Prince Dökkur of Nefilheim and Prince Loki of Asgard. Before we begin, does anybody have a reason to why these two men should not be bonded together?" he asked but the hall stayed silent. Sweat formed on Prince Loki's palms and his nerves kicked in. He was dammed to be with Dökkur till one killed the other.

The Allfather breathed deeply to continue but at this moment, the heavy doors opened. A figure in a dark, strange-looking dress that ended shortly under her backside entered. Its skirt was puffy and stood proudly and wide from her hips. It showed off her legs which were covered in coarse fishnet tights. Black leather boots hugged her legs up to her knees. The upper part of her clothing consisted of the same dark material as her skirt but reached only her collarbones where it bounced to the sides and into short, puffy sleeves.

Even more exotic her look was regarding her hair. The (H/C) curls were braided in thin braids that were again braided and so it went on.

"Who are you?" the King demanded, wanting to know who the person with the mask was. The material of it matched the color of her clothes and long feathers curled themselves to one side of it.

"I am the person to make your son truly laugh," she answered. Her deep red lips turned into a wicket smirk while she bowed.

"This is a wedding and you are not invited," the King protested. The woman stood straight.

"Oh, but I am. You said I had time to make the Prince laugh till the wedding and if I am not mistaken, your son and Prince Dickhead are not wedded yet," she teased and got exactly the reaction she wanted. The Prince of Nefilheim yelled a "Hey! It's Dökkur," in protest and caused a short tuck on the Dark Prince's lips.

"Oh, Pardon me, Prince Digur. And since I was already talking, I wanted to ask you where the name comes from? You don't seem to be as thick as your name suggests. You seem plumper," she cooed but her words and voice told entirely different stories. Not a sound was to be heard as she provoked him.

"You know what? I'll just ignore what you say. You only want to get to me," he stated and leaned back. Even though he tried to suppress it, his annoyance forced its way towards the surface.

"Oh, you are right, princeling, but the question is, will you succeed? These dark secrets you keep; they are too delicate to play with," she hummed as a small object fell out of her hand and dangled on a white ribbon. Prince Dökkur sat up straight and stared at her.

"Where did you get this?" he breathed. The woman walked around looked at the metallic object more closely.

"Isn't it funny what paths life goes? It is like something directs our steps into a certain direction so that special things take place?" she chuckled and looked at the Prince. Her eyes flashing behind her mask.

"This isn't yours. Give it to me," the caramel-brown-haired man demanded and jumped from his seat. With fast steps, he mashed up to her but as he wanted to grab the ribbon in her hand, she twirled around and danced away. Her steps were light and gracile.

"Tell me, princeling. Why do you want this so desperately? Is it something that once belonged to someone that you were not allowed to conscience with?" she chuckled as he chased her across the pace.

"Just give it back. It is not yours to have!" he demanded and nearly tripped as she stopped dead in her tracks to face him.

"You really think so? Maybe I did have it for years and you just forgot to destroy all of the hints of your actions," she stated, her voice now cold as ice. The Prince swallowed hard. For a moment, it stayed silent but then she seemed to recover from her seriousness.

"Now, Princeling, what should we do about you?" she asked and circled him. Prince Loki's eyes were wide and the ghost of a smile edged on his lips as he watched the other Prince try to move from his place but couldn't. Intelligent woman; had hexed him to the ground.

She walked over to Prince Loki's seat and stooped behind him.

"What should we do to him, my Prince," she asked, her breath fogging onto his skin. The Prince considered the opportunities before he answered telepathically.

"Do you remember the snake?" he asked and earned a devilish smirk and a hum in return.

"I think I know what to do..." she answered and now, the moths of practice she had in the Prince's service showed off. With a wipe of her hand, a huge snake appeared and made its way over to its target.

Dökkur protested but nothing happened. Everyone was too shocked by the turns of events to act. The snake slung itself around the Prince and turned red slowly. Now Prince Loki was grinning. The look on his face was too hilarious to suppress the smile any longer.

Shortly before the snake reached its maximum, the woman walked to the door and opened one.

"Oh, King Odin. Don't try to send anyone after me. I do not want the Prince's hand. The only thing that matters is his happiness," she stated and threw the door open as the snake exploded.

The loud laughter of a single man echoed through the halls and corridors of the palace at the sight of Prince Dökkur, make-up on his face that looked like a four-year-old had made it while he slept, his hair in single small pigtails and confetti all over the place.

The mysterious woman bowed and left, her hips swinging from one side to the other and her heels ticking loud.

18.04.2021